Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Injured players

Re: Injured players

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    What is actually wrong with Harley ?

On 1st September Tisdale said:

“Ryan Harley will still be another few weeks I think.”

A few weeks has turned into a few months.

I've been told he's been training for quite a while now yet no sign of him getting much game time.

If Tisdale no longer wants him around the place he needs to go asap, we cannot afford to be wasting resources on a player who I imagine is being paid relatively well.
    I don’t think PT wants to get rid of him for a second and anyway he’s under contract so he doesn’t need to go anywhere
    If it doesn’t want to!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    I don’t think PT wants to get rid of him for a second and anyway he’s under contract so he doesn’t need to go anywhere
    If it doesn’t want to!
    You may be right about PT wanting to keep him, but at his age you would think he would like to play and if this is not the case with City then surely someone else could use him. Negotiate a settlement with and let him go and pass sideways and backwards with another team....

Quote Originally Posted by The Proper Chap View Post
    What is actually wrong with Harley ?

On 1st September Tisdale said:

“Ryan Harley will still be another few weeks I think.”

A few weeks has turned into a few months.

I've been told he's been training for quite a while now yet no sign of him getting much game time.

If Tisdale no longer wants him around the place he needs to go asap, we cannot afford to be wasting resources on a player who I imagine is being paid relatively well.
    Am I right in thinking Harley's problem is with his knee? Often very difficult to gauge when someone with a dodgy knee is fully fit to return (as I can sadly attest). I'm pretty sure Tis spoke about it the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Am I right in thinking Harley's problem is with his knee? Often very difficult to gauge when someone with a dodgy knee is fully fit to return (as I can sadly attest). I'm pretty sure Tis spoke about it the other week.
    True. Both Harley and Simpson appeared to be walking easily last week, but there is a world of difference between that and being able to play competitive football. We are not missing either ATM, though I was surprised how young the bench were apart from Reid last Saturday (Jay, Wilson, Byrne, Edwards, Reid, Storey) I hope Croll at least will be fit for the bench soon. Tillson is presumably a few weeks away, but Boateng will (also presumably) keep him on the bench for the foreseeable.

BTW, am I alone in thinking that last Saturday's starting 11 is probably our strongest side?

I was under the impression Tillson was close to a return whereas Croll was possibly Christmas-ish.

I agree, I think Saturday's side was pretty much as strong as we'll get at present.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    You may be right about PT wanting to keep him, but at his age you would think he would like to play and if this is not the case with City then surely someone else could use him. Negotiate a settlement with and let him go and pass sideways and backwards with another team....
    You got a point but I don’t think he’s fully fit which would make someone else taking him on tricky.
    Also how many months pay off would it cost?
    Last edited by Red Monster; 17 November 2017 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    You got a point but I don’t think he’s fully fit which would make someone else taking him on tricky.
    Also how many months pay off would it cost?
    It's a negotiation, so no set price....If he's fit and really want's to play, then the least that should be happening is a discussion on a loan...

Quote Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
    Also, TAH, Harley, Simpson and Brunt are all available as people have said, they have sat on the bench and even played since the summer. Its just that they aren't good enough / not in the plans for the squad right now
    Really? According to what BBC Sport's Brett Pilnick has written - after, one presumes, attending the regular Thursday afternoon press call at the Cat & Fiddle yesterday and talking to Tis - Simpson, Brunt and Harley are all 'long-term absentees'.

See the post timed at 11.59am:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-en...devon-41902474

And Brunt was the co-commentator on Saturday where he spoke of his hopes for when he'll be back from injury (I can't remember when he said he'd be back).

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    And Brunt was the co-commentator on Saturday where he spoke of his hopes for when he'll be back from injury (I can't remember when he said he'd be back).
    Don't suppose he can either.......