Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: Injured players

  1. #1
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,536

    Injured players

    The club seems generally to be poor at giving any details of injuries, timescales etc

    so what are the injuries of the following players and when are they due to return?

    Ryan Harley
    Luke Croll
    Troy AH


    I know Brunt is recovering from an ACL injury, Simpson a badly broken ankle, and Tillson a broken foot.

  2. #2

    Re: Injured players

    You make a good point. This is an area in which the club seems to volunteer little, if any, information and the media choose not to press them.

    Moreover, you say Brunt is recovering from an ACL and Simpson a badly broken ankle, but the former played at the beginning of the season, while the latter was on the bench, which rather begs the question what has happened to them subsequently?

    Likewise, Croll was injured, returned shortly afterwards and now appears to have disappeared again with no explanation, while Harley was on the bench at SJP two or three games ago but, despite not making it onto the pitch, also seems to have endured some kind of setback.
    Last edited by Egg; 16 November 2017 at 17:22.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Injured players

    Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    You make a good point. This is an area in which the club seems to volunteer little, if any, information and the media choose not to press them.

    Moreover, you say Brunt is recovering from an ACL and Simpson a badly broken ankle, but the former played at the beginning of the season, while the latter was on the bench, which rather begs the question what has happened to them subsequently?

    Likewise, Croll was injured, returned shortly afterwards and now appears to have disappeared again with no explanation, while Harley was on the bench at SJP two or three games ago but, despite not making it onto the pitch, also seems to have endured some kind of setback.
    I agree entirely. If it's confidential, I can't imagine the other clubs in Div 2 will be on high alert to see if they're fit or not. It seems to me other clubs are quite open about their player injuries. I guess it fits into the "none of our business" category.

  4. #4

    Re: Injured players

    If you look carefully enough back thru Tis' interviews, you'll find approximate timescales so presumably they still ring true? Do you want him to countdown their returns on a weekly basis?

    Also, TAH, Harley, Simpson and Brunt are all available as people have said, they have sat on the bench and even played since the summer. Its just that they aren't good enough / not in the plans for the squad right now

  5. #5

    Re: Injured players

    Pretty sure someone posted the other day that Harley was injured for another week or so? Hasn't been on the bench this season has he

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Injured players

    Quote Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
    If you look carefully enough back thru Tis' interviews, you'll find approximate timescales so presumably they still ring true? Do you want him to countdown their returns on a weekly basis?

    Also, TAH, Harley, Simpson and Brunt are all available as people have said, they have sat on the bench and even played since the summer. Its just that they aren't good enough / not in the plans for the squad right now
    He's usually very vague. I remember that at the beginning of the season Tis regarding Moxey Tis was saying he was fit but it took a month to reappear. Other examples too that I unfortunately now escape my mind.

  7. #7
    John William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    5,360

    Re: Injured players

    Quote Originally Posted by KWSGrecian View Post
    Pretty sure someone posted the other day that Harley was injured for another week or so? Hasn't been on the bench this season has he
    He has, and got on the pitch for 25 minutes in the first game v. Cambridge. But not for some while.

  8. #8
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    30,689

    Re: Injured players

    Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Likewise, Croll was injured, returned shortly afterwards and now appears to have disappeared again with no explanation.
    He picked up another injury (Carlisle?) - word was he would be out for 2-3 months.

  9. #9
    Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Beat The Bookie Winner 2015/16
    Posts
    577

    Re: Injured players

    I think at our level and with our finances it's difficult to put a time scale on the injuries. Obviously prem clubs pay millions of pounds for doctors just for this information. I'm sure Tisdale isn't holding back, but he's just not taking anything for granted or giving any false information

  10. #10

    Re: Injured players

    What is actually wrong with Harley ?

    On 1st September Tisdale said:

    “Ryan Harley will still be another few weeks I think.”

    A few weeks has turned into a few months.

    I've been told he's been training for quite a while now yet no sign of him getting much game time.

    If Tisdale no longer wants him around the place he needs to go asap, we cannot afford to be wasting resources on a player who I imagine is being paid relatively well.
    Last edited by The Proper Chap; 17 November 2017 at 13:00.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •