• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bbc price of football survey 2017

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Due to be released at 22.00 GMT, should be plenty to discuss !

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Impressed with our Cheapest young adult matchday ticket. Crikey, that's good.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting at the amount of disparity for young adult definition at clubs.In the good old days,it was over 16 or 18.

The cheapest young adult ticket does seem a bargain,but the survey does not show what the most expensive ST is & I doubt we sit too well on that score(mine was £435 iirc for the IP Stand with 'early bird' discount)

ECFC89

Ive been priced out of home games as a student, due to a 130% increase in POTD prices two season ago.

Legohead

Banned
Kids are the future survival of lower league clubs and failure to entice them in with free entry at every game then the clubs deserve to die. Get them in and in the habit of going. Footy is a total rip off across the board from ticket prices to replica shirts to catering.

Anyone who feels the need to respond with 'you don't have to go / buy / eat' then please don't show yourself up yes? ;)

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Is this survey worth the paper it's (not) written on yet? Previous iterations were absolutely full of holes, very poorly compiled.

Andy Holloway

From the BBC web page;

Exeter City supporter Ryan Ward, 22, is one of the young fans who is struggling to keep up with modern prices: "Although I support a League Two side, I can often find it difficult to find the money to go to a game. Not only do you have the cost of a match ticket but you have the cost of travel, food and drink. It can quickly turn into a £40 or £50 day out."

Ryan Ward recommends the German model: "Another reason young people don't buy tickets is that you have to purchase a membership just to buy a ticket which can be roughly £25. Clubs need to follow Germany, where it is £20 a ticket, you can stand in the terrace, and pop up bars outside the ground are run by fans. The atmosphere is a lot better also."

Matt Russell

Kids are the future survival of lower league clubs and failure to entice them in with free entry at every game then the clubs deserve to die. Get them in and in the habit of going. Footy is a total rip off across the board from ticket prices to replica shirts to catering.

Anyone who feels the need to respond with 'you don't have to go / buy / eat' then please don't show yourself up yes? ;)
Totally agree about club merchandise (particularly shirts) but before you criticise ECFC about kids prices, take a look at the offers for our younger supporters (Junior Grecians) Exactly what you're suggesting - designed to get them in and in the habit of going!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the BBC web page;

Exeter City supporter Ryan Ward, 22, is one of the young fans who is struggling to keep up with modern prices: "Although I support a League Two side, I can often find it difficult to find the money to go to a game. Not only do you have the cost of a match ticket but you have the cost of travel, food and drink. It can quickly turn into a £40 or £50 day out."

Ryan Ward recommends the German model: "Another reason young people don't buy tickets is that you have to purchase a membership just to buy a ticket which can be roughly £25. Clubs need to follow Germany, where it is £20 a ticket, you can stand in the terrace, and pop up bars outside the ground are run by fans. The atmosphere is a lot better also."
You what son?

Where is he travelling from and how much does he eat???