Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chesterfield v Exeter City Prediction Thread

Re: Chesterfield v Exeter City Prediction Thread

2-0 win Holmes Reid

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    It's not if Tis realises that we can't play with two centre forwards and using McAlinden as a strike partner is the better option, it's if he's prepared to admit it. Don't care if it's Stockers or Reidy that plays, but not both!
    I think the evidence is staring him in the face. But, as you say, will Tis be determined to play R&S until he's blue in the face to try to prove he was right all along? I really hope he can swallow his pride and accept that McA + 1 is the right way.

1-0 win for City.

2-0 City win. Reid and Stockley. Super Mac on the bench where no scouts can see him and tempt him away in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    2-0 City win. Reid and Stockley. Super Mac on the bench where no scouts can see him and tempt him away in January.
    And then we keep him on the bench until June so no club will grab him in the summer..

2-0 City, MacAlinden at the double.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    I think the evidence is staring him in the face. But, as you say, will Tis be determined to play R&S until he's blue in the face to try to prove he was right all along? I really hope he can swallow his pride and accept that McA + 1 is the right way.
    Not entirely fair on Tisdale, nobody's complaining about the signing of Stockley, he's quality it just so happens that we already had Reid who was scoring for fun. Tisdale had a tricky job in keeping his record signing and star player happy. Unfortunately the team foundered and McAlinden, who had also had a brilliant start to the season was the casualty. Reid's goals dried up, the team foundered and inevitably McAlinden forced his way back into the reckoning, I hope that Tisdale can keep all three happy and still get results. I think that substituting one of our centre forwards for the other during a match might be the key to keeping morale levels up. All the forward players will be required before the end of the season, except Simpson and Brunt of course!
    Last edited by STURTZ; 17 November 2017 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    It's a sad situation.I am glad in a lot of ways that we showed our intent signing Stockley but now Tisdale has to justify it.
    Two big players in more ways than one , how can he keep them both happy.A dilemma because as soon as he plays them together we all know what happens.And if they happen to click one week , say this week , it just prolongs the agony. I wouldn't put it past Tisdale to try again on the grounds that Chesterfield are a 'weak ' team.
    It would be a beggar if we missed out on promotion because we had two great players who just couldn't play together when either with the right support could have done it for us wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Banksy; 17 November 2017 at 22:36.