• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I have stuff to get rid of

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
HI-Grecian from Chesterfield-
I have been watching City since 1971 but sadly my other interests have now taken over and soon I will be departing for foreign shores(J league for me from now on).
The upshot is I have a collection of stuff that I would like to give away if anyone is interested.
There are a number of programmes, mostly from away games I attended going back to 1971 as well as a few from homes.
I also have a black away shirt which was a raffle prize I won at the Nuneaton Boro cup tie a few years ago, never worn and still in original condition it is signed by all the city players that played that day.
two other items I have are 16x12" canvas prints which are artistic impressions of the ground created from photo's.
I do not want anything for these items as long as they go somewhere useful.
As I live in Hasland in Chesterfield maybe if anyone going to the game next week would like to pick them up from me I could arrange to meet somewhere before the game and hand them over.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have been watching City since 1971 but sadly my other interests have now taken over and soon I will be departing for foreign shores(J league for me from now on).
The upshot is I have a collection of stuff that I would like to give away if anyone is interested.
There are a number of programmes, mostly from away games I attended going back to 1971 as well as a few from homes.
I also have a black away shirt which was a raffle prize I won at the Nuneaton Boro cup tie a few years ago, never worn and still in original condition it is signed by all the city players that played that day.
two other items I have are 16x12" canvas prints which are artistic impressions of the ground created from photo's.
As I live in Hasland in Chesterfield maybe if anyone going to the game next week would like to pick them up from me I could arrange to meet somewhere before the game and hand them over.
Very generous as some of these items will have real monetary value. May I suggest you donate the shirt at least to the Club / Trust museum project; I'm sure Paul Farley would love to have it! PM me and I'll give you his email address.

john

Andy Holloway

Try contacting Paul Farley at ECFC, he looks after all the historical items and memorabilia ECFC related.

Legohead

Banned
Very generous of you onemansview. I'm from Hasland too and live round the corner from the new co-op which until recently as you'd know was the Spital pub. I'm not wanting any items but always a pleasure to come on here and thank fellow Grecians for doing something positive and beneficial to others for no return. Best of luck in Japan.

Just out of interest, do you happen to know any Grecians in Dronfield? I was dropping my kid off for school the other day and saw a young lad with a black hoodie on with Exeter City FC development team in white on the back going into a house which surprised me as although i'm aware there are one or two of us smattered around this area, i've not seen anyone ever wearing a shirt or any car stickers or anything. Just thought it was worth asking out of curiosity. :)

Last edited:

onemansview

thanks for your message, shame we have never met up, I had a drink in the Spittall when I first moved here in 2015 but sadly it closed as you say.
I have not been in contact with anyone in the area as I have been moving around in the last few years, living in Worksop,Warrington and Wigan and due to work commitments I have not had the chance to put any roots down. Now I find that I will soon be off again-it's a crazy life!

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
thanks for your message, shame we have never met up, I had a drink in the Spittall when I first moved here in 2015 but sadly it closed as you say.
I have not been in contact with anyone in the area as I have been moving around in the last few years, living in Worksop,Warrington and Wigan and due to work commitments I have not had the chance to put any roots down. Now I find that I will soon be off again-it's a crazy life!
Brilliant geographical alliteration.....Now if you can just get a place in Warikogawa (Chiba prefecture) you'll have cracked it....

onemansview

yes I was loath to disrupt my sequence of W's, never thought of looking at Warwikogawa-missed a trick there! I will be living in Asakusabashi so the sequence starts again from the beginning.