Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 2nd Round

Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

Anyone know for sure how many games will be covered live by TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Back in the day I was in the Exmouth water polo club for a while.

Could have been a promising career but, sadly, I got a lifetime ban after my horse pooed in the pool.
    I liked it

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Fair enough but we as ST holders pay our monies up front....we benefit if the team performs well but having committed ourselves financially lose out if it does not.
    The main reason I buy a S/T is because I cant be a$$ed to queue for a ticket every home game.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    The main reason I buy a S/T is because I cant be a$$ed to queue for a ticket every home game.
    You must have money to burn with a reason like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    You must have money to burn with a reason like that.
    I wouldn’t say that. It’s pretty much the same reason I buy one. Plus, as it’s discounted from 23x pay on the day match tickets you can miss (I think) up to half a dozen matches without losing out. Of course there are other benefits tied into STs, but if you have the cash available at the time and regularly attend home matches then you’d really have to question why you WOULDN’T buy a season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Me too...I can not make all of the games & if I can't make it,I pass my tickets onto friends(after I have exchanged my IP Stand tickets for BB ones.The club can then resale my seats)

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    I wouldn’t say that. It’s pretty much the same reason I buy one. Plus, as it’s discounted from 23x pay on the day match tickets you can miss (I think) up to half a dozen matches without losing out. Of course there are other benefits tied into STs, but if you have the cash available at the time and regularly attend home matches then you’d really have to question why you WOULDN’T buy a season ticket.
    Great points made here and i agree. Like Antony says, you can afford to miss a few games and you are still better off plus it eases the pressure on a matchday not having to worry about the 20 quid or so to get in on the day. If you can get the cash and pay upfront then it's a no brainer IMO. The only negative is if you get sat next to some moron who annoys the crap out of you in which case you're stuck for the season. Not applicable for BB for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Legohead; 08 November 2017 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Great points made here and i agree. Like Antony says, you can afford to miss a few games and you are still better off plus it eases the pressure on a matchday not having to worry about the 20 quid or so to get in on the day. If you can get the cash and pay upfront then it's a no brainer IMO. The only negative is if you get sat next to some moron who annoys the crap out of you in which case you're stuck for the season. Not applicable for BB for obvious reasons.
    Cue open goal around Ant not having that problem as he doesn't have anyone sitting within 3 rows of him...

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    The only negative is if you get sat next to some moron who annoys the crap out of you in which case you're stuck for the season. Not applicable for BB for obvious reasons.
    That's why i purchase two !!. ..I am sat on the asle & the other one goes a couple of friends on a alternate basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    That's why i purchase two !!. ..I am sat on the asle & the other one goes a couple of friends on a alternate basis.
    Tbf that's what i'd do if i ever got a ST.

Nowt worse than being stuck next to some idiot and being unable to move to another area. I've had it before in the past and it took the pleasure out of going to the footy. All because it's so typically British to bite your lip instead of giving the other bloke a fat one.