Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 227

Thread: FA Cup 2nd Round

  1. #141

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Anyone know for sure how many games will be covered live by TV.

  2. #142

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,661

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Back in the day I was in the Exmouth water polo club for a while.

    Could have been a promising career but, sadly, I got a lifetime ban after my horse pooed in the pool.
    I liked it

  3. #143
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Fair enough but we as ST holders pay our monies up front....we benefit if the team performs well but having committed ourselves financially lose out if it does not.
    The main reason I buy a S/T is because I cant be a$$ed to queue for a ticket every home game.

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    The main reason I buy a S/T is because I cant be a$$ed to queue for a ticket every home game.
    You must have money to burn with a reason like that.

  5. #145
    Antony Moxey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Exmuff
    Posts
    38,508

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    You must have money to burn with a reason like that.
    I wouldn’t say that. It’s pretty much the same reason I buy one. Plus, as it’s discounted from 23x pay on the day match tickets you can miss (I think) up to half a dozen matches without losing out. Of course there are other benefits tied into STs, but if you have the cash available at the time and regularly attend home matches then you’d really have to question why you WOULDN’T buy a season ticket.

  6. #146
    Oldsmobile-88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In RaWZ we trust....Amen.
    Posts
    11,344

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    The main reason I buy a S/T is because I cant be a$$ed to queue for a ticket every home game.
    Me too...I can not make all of the games & if I can't make it,I pass my tickets onto friends(after I have exchanged my IP Stand tickets for BB ones.The club can then resale my seats)

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Midlands
    Posts
    776

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    I wouldn’t say that. It’s pretty much the same reason I buy one. Plus, as it’s discounted from 23x pay on the day match tickets you can miss (I think) up to half a dozen matches without losing out. Of course there are other benefits tied into STs, but if you have the cash available at the time and regularly attend home matches then you’d really have to question why you WOULDN’T buy a season ticket.
    Great points made here and i agree. Like Antony says, you can afford to miss a few games and you are still better off plus it eases the pressure on a matchday not having to worry about the 20 quid or so to get in on the day. If you can get the cash and pay upfront then it's a no brainer IMO. The only negative is if you get sat next to some moron who annoys the crap out of you in which case you're stuck for the season. Not applicable for BB for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Legohead; 08 November 2017 at 15:16.

  8. #148
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    30,169

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Great points made here and i agree. Like Antony says, you can afford to miss a few games and you are still better off plus it eases the pressure on a matchday not having to worry about the 20 quid or so to get in on the day. If you can get the cash and pay upfront then it's a no brainer IMO. The only negative is if you get sat next to some moron who annoys the crap out of you in which case you're stuck for the season. Not applicable for BB for obvious reasons.
    Cue open goal around Ant not having that problem as he doesn't have anyone sitting within 3 rows of him...

  9. #149
    Oldsmobile-88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In RaWZ we trust....Amen.
    Posts
    11,344

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    The only negative is if you get sat next to some moron who annoys the crap out of you in which case you're stuck for the season. Not applicable for BB for obvious reasons.
    That's why i purchase two !!. ..I am sat on the asle & the other one goes a couple of friends on a alternate basis.

  10. #150

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Midlands
    Posts
    776

    Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    That's why i purchase two !!. ..I am sat on the asle & the other one goes a couple of friends on a alternate basis.
    Tbf that's what i'd do if i ever got a ST.

    Nowt worse than being stuck next to some idiot and being unable to move to another area. I've had it before in the past and it took the pleasure out of going to the footy. All because it's so typically British to bite your lip instead of giving the other bloke a fat one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •