Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 2nd Round

Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

How soon do they normally announce tickets details following the draw...?

Quote Originally Posted by Information View Post
    Slough v Rochdale
    Gateshead v Luton
    Fylde v Wigan

Should get 3 live tv games
    I think this is spot on. 4th game will probably be Woking if they win their replay and AFC Wimbledon if not.

Think FGR away could have been worse, hopefully we'll go into it in good form and with some confidence. Bradford should give Argyle a good game as well and would make them favouirtes to knock them out so no chance of a Devon Derby in R3.

Fylde v Wigan surely nailed on for TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashford Grecian View Post
    How soon do they normally announce tickets details following the draw...?
    As I explained re. the Round 1 game, it's now entirely up to the home club to set ticket prices subject to a minimum of 10 for adults, though they may well consult us, as clubs tend to do.

Normal allocation is 800 in their still uncovered terrace. Question is whether FGR might be tempted to give us one covered end as well as the long open terrace, I doubt it but you never know. If they did we would presumably be able to have a more generous ticket policy than 1 per customer with Gold and Silver getting first dibs.

They only got 1,387 for their game against Macclesfield, but FA Cup attendances generally were dreadful at the weekend, only Luton got over 5K and they were at home to Pompey. Our 3K looks respectable compared to many.

I hope they are better organised than for the League game - we had to print the tickets for that as they neglected to, which meant their electronic turnstiles couldn't be used, and getting out took ages as there was only one narrow exit, I though this was unsafe. I believe they have now made the path behind the end to access the terrace safe, however.

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    They only got 1,387 for their game against Macclesfield, but FA Cup attendances generally were dreadful at the weekend, only Luton got over 5K and they were at home to Pompey. Our 3K looks respectable compared to many.
    I'm going to say once again that this is surely down to Sky scheduling Man City v Arsenal and Chelsea v Man Utd as direct competition during FA Cup 1st round weekend. Disgraceful but unfortunately we are all just so used to them throwing their weight around that we are seemingly just resigned to it. Even worse that the EFL Chairman whose job it is to stand up for EFL teams against such PL strong-arming is too busy with his Checkatrade Trophy B-team project to give a toss about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    I'm going to say once again that this is surely down to Sky scheduling Man City v Arsenal and Chelsea v Man Utd as direct competition during FA Cup 1st round weekend. Disgraceful but unfortunately we are all just so used to them throwing their weight around that we are seemingly just resigned to it. Even worse that the EFL Chairman whose job it is to stand up for EFL teams against such PL strong-arming is too busy with his Checkatrade Trophy B-team project to give a toss about anything else.
    Sky didn't schedule those games, the Premier League did.

What I would add is that FA Cup attendances in the first couple of rounds have tended to be down on usual whether Man United are playing Chelsea or West Brom. For some the idea of watching City play Heybridge Swifts will not have been particularly warm and fuzzy, while of course ST holders will (in most cases across the country) have had to pay for a ticket, some will have thought "sod that" and found something else to do, or decided to give themselves a weekend off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Sky didn't schedule those games, the Premier League did.
    Is a fair point (and the second half of my post does go on to describe it as "PL strong-arming") - you can be sure however that Sky had some influence on the PL in when such games were scheduled, they aren't paying those billions for a random computer to decide who plays when.

What I would add is that FA Cup attendances in the first couple of rounds have tended to be down on usual whether Man United are playing Chelsea or West Brom. For some the idea of watching City play Heybridge Swifts will not have been particularly warm and fuzzy, while of course ST holders will (in most cases across the country) have had to pay for a ticket, some will have thought "sod that" and found something else to do, or decided to give themselves a weekend off.
    Is also fair, but when the pattern is endemic across all games for that weekend, you have to wonder whether some other factor is affecting attendance.
    Last edited by Terryhall; 07 November 2017 at 11:55.

Bonfire Night, mainly?

Bonfire Night, mainly?
    I guess we'll know it was that if the Sky viewing figures were also down by a similar %