Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 2nd Round

Re: FA Cup 2nd Round

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Surely AFC Wombles v Charlton is also pretty nailed on?

And, from the "boring" ties, should Scunny get through, them vs Donny is a (very) local derby.
    The M18 derby to be exact.

Surely AFC Wombles v Charlton is also pretty nailed on?

And, from the "boring" ties, should Scunny get through, them vs Donny is a (very) local derby.
    I think for the TV companies the only attraction is David v Goliath, preferably in that order. Otherwise they don't give a t*ss.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    The M18 derby to be exact.
    The M180 to be slightly more exact....although the even more 'scenic' route is along the A18...,in fact, if you go that was you even get the joy of admiring the wonderful resurfacing job we did between the Crowle Gyratory all of the way to the Doncaster boundary that we did a couple of years back.

The M180 to be slightly more exact....although the even more 'scenic' route is along the A18...,in fact, if you go that was you even get the joy of admiring the wonderful resurfacing job we did between the Crowle Gyratory all of the way to the Doncaster boundary that we did a couple of years back.
    We've always called it the M18 derby being a Donny lad born and bred 22 years although like you say, it's the M180 for the iron fans and they might have a different take on it. In fact it's not even the M180 as there is that little spur of motorway off the M180 that has no junctions and ends up at Glanford Park. Used to live Crowle way out too near Haxey although can't say i've been distracted by the stunning resurfacing G2K.
    Last edited by Legohead; 06 November 2017 at 23:03.

Geoffers old bean.

How could such an esteemed orithologist such as your good self mistake our (sadly) resident winter migrant as a mere, common Snipe

The Wealden Cuckoo (as any vool gnose) is a creature who, contrary to his summer cousins, perches in distant trees watching while other, smaller and far less worthy birds occupy his former nest. Easily identified by his plaintive call fook-yoo, fook-you

To be fair, he's more commonly mistaken for his close cousins, the Dartford Warbler and the Green-breasted Grouse.
    Loving your work G2K. I guess I was fooled by the long sharp beak. Good for getting digs in.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    Loving your work G2K. I guess I was fooled by the long sharp beak. Good for getting digs in.
    Ornithologically challenged and geographically inaccurate...but mildly amusing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    There’s only 20 ties. 3 will be live and 8 will be shifted to Sunday. Only 9 games will be on the Saturday. There are quite a few all League matches, similar to ours, so there is a chance we could be switched.
    4 will be Live

Welsh Tv will show Newport (Not on Saturday as Wales play Rugby)

Slough v Rochdale
    Gateshead v Luton
    Fylde v Wigan

Should get 3 live tv games

Suggestions for the Sunday choices

Pick any 8 from
    Woking or Bury vs Tranmere or Peterborough
    Milton Keynes v Maidstone United
    Wycombe v Leatherhead or Billericay
    AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic
    Bradford City v Plymouth Argyle
    Blackburn Rovers v Crewe Alexandra
    Notts Co v Oxford City
    Forest Green v Exeter City
    Fleetwood v Hereford
    Coventry City v Boreham Wood

I'm very much of the assumption our match won't be touched.

Gutted also that we have a second match at Forest Green, and again I can't go down for a weekender with my mate in Stroud, as I have a function in the evening.