• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts (FA Cup R1) Matchday Thread

Legohead

Banned
Comfortable win and in the hat on monday night. Hopefully. :(

Anyone know if this is on radio devon online live commentary?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Working today so not sure I'll be able to keep an eye on the game. Hopefully in the hat for Monday.

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/11/03/next-up-exeter-city-vs-heybridge-swifts-fa-cup-1st-round/

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Greetings from Down Under......any kind of win please.....no more banana skins !!

Grecian666

Commentary on Radio 5 live extra!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Commentary on Radio 5 live extra!
Who knows : this could be the most historic year in the club's lifetime. Wishing we are in Round 2 with the Argyllites drawn at home.

David Treharne

It's a bright chilly (7c) morning in Exeter. We've had 5mm of rain in the last 24 hours, most of it falling overnight. The wind is quite blustery, blowing at 4 from NNW and makes it feel considerably colder than the thermometer suggests. It also looks as though the wind will turn round to the NW in which case there could be some showers in the early afternoon. It should be a great afternoon for playing on the ground passing football, but will it happen? I guess a lot will depend on whether the assistant manager makes some strategic changes in the line up giving us the ability to run at them. I'd want McAlinden to start and a team with a smattering of real attacking players. The Reid/Stockley conundrum has been rehearsed well elsewhere, but remains just that. Oh and a bah humbug to whoever decided that 14:00 kick offs should be determined on the say-so of TV executives. I will post about 12.30 with an update.

David Treharne

It's 11c and now 50% white/grey cloud cover. The wind has increased slightly, and it's gusting to 5. It's also moved round to the NW. It is glaringly bright in the sunshine, and sunnies would seem to be an essential if you're on the Big Bank. Might also be a good precaution to have a waterproof of some description. Looking forward to it, albeit with some trepidation (I went to Warrington!). Notionally it ought to be comfortable, but with City you never know.

Last edited:

contrabombarde

This should be a comfortable win and on paper we should be able to put 5 or 6 past them. Having said that, this is the FA cup and ECFC so I suppose anything could happen. The main thing (apart from winning of course) will be to avoid injury. COYR lets have a good win and a cushy 2nd round draw at home.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
TisCam revealed a quiet family breakfast until Paul said he thought that piece of halibut was fit for Jehovah.

KWSGrecian

Should be an easy win for city, would like to see Edwards and Jay particularly on the field today. Not downplaying our oppo at all but anything less than a home win is a damning reflection of our form. 4-0 UtC