Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts (FA Cup R1) Matchday Thread

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Re: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts (FA Cup R1) Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    What time is the open top bus parade?

I only heard bits of it but it sounded like we were made to work for that. Fair play to Heybridge.

Oakley in!
    Not a convincing game tbh but at the end of the day we go through to the next round

Their goalkeeper made a good double save late on and fair play to their team for giving City a bit of a wake up call first half.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Their keeper was crap apparently?
    The 3rd goal was a howler,beside that he had a good game..

Not a great performance but who cares ?..We are in the 2nd Round.

Now for me , being selfish , an away tie in the second round against Maidstone would be perfect since Maidstone is only twenty miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    That bad eh? The one that Matt L,tis scored.
    Pete, your Grandmother could have saved it and I guess she's been dead a few years

Thought Heybridge looked a decent side. Obviously ran out of steam towards the end. Game called out for pace, so it was pleasing to see Holmes and Edwards come on. Hopefully the brace will be a starting point for Stockley.

Phew no Alvechurch.

The new laissez faire management technique is working well.

Their keeper was very shaky throughout. As were we mind, but onwards and upwards. Decent turnout and decent result on paper, turn up like that against Grimsby first half and we will get beat though.

What a load of crap that was between the tenth minute and the seventy fifth minute. Slow, static and generally turgid play against a side that only needed to be ran at a bit to cause problems for and ultimately be beaten as was proven in the fifteen minutes when Holmes, MacAlinden and Edwards came on. Holmes first ran caused a panicky challenge which gave away the corner from which Stockley got his second goal. MacAlinden scored by using his pace to get about their back four and Edwards was continually causing problems for their right back as soon as he came on.
    I didn't think watching two decent strikers could be as painful as watching Reid and Stockley together. They're both decent players who must have got a bit of footballing nous upstairs to work out how to be effective together. For all Reid looked bright and sharp the last time I saw he looked dull and heavy laden today. I'm not sure we're getting the best out of Boateng yet. From what I saw today, I would suggest he's being restricted and would be more effective if he had Tillson playing alongside of him. Tillson would sit and do all the ugly things that people don't notice (but probably are now in his absence much like they did the first time Matt Gill was absent and didn't get what he was about until that time) and allow Boateng more time getting towards their box than sat covering ours. Deano should never be allowed to play in midfield again if what I saw today was anything to go by. I read so many of you banging on on here about Harley slows/kills play when he gets the ball. Watching Deano today was painful. Every time he got the ball in a half decent attacking position with the full back squared up, primed to run at he killed the pass and then layed it back to Woodman instead of having a go at him. I know he's the wrong side of thirty now but surely he still spritely enough to show a non league full back a clean pair of heals. The only time he looked comfortable to me was when he went back to full back and was facing play all the time.
    If we're going to continueto play with Reid and Stockley up front, they need to do a lot of work about how to play together and we need to play with both Edwards and Holmes to get width into the side be able to get crosses in for them both to feed off of.
    On the plus side, we're in the hat tomorrow night which is the main thing and a step nearer to getting a bit more money coming in.

Thanks gH , good summing up.From what you say, the Reid Stockley combo just isn't working.I wonder how long it will be for the penny to drop with the powers that be?
    Until something is done it seems we will stagnate a bit.