Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts (FA Cup R1) Matchday Thread

Re: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts (FA Cup R1) Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    I cannot help wondering if the pressing engagement would have been less pressing had we been playing the likes of Liverpool?

To my mind Tisdale is paid to manage ECFC and should not be entitled to delegate his responsibilities unless there are serious medical reasons concerning either himself or a close member of his family. This is an FA Cup tie worth 18,000 to the winning team and a place in the second round draw and possible live TV coverage.

Regardless of the level of opponent it is an important game and an opportunity for the Club to progress. Tisdale is paid very good money to manage the Club and ensure where possible that such opportunities are not missed and therefore in such circumstances should have remained at the helm.
    It just depends on what the reason is, Sexton.

Quote Originally Posted by KentGrecian View Post
    0-0 sounds like we're dominating
    Agreed but Heybridge appear to have weathered the early storm. They are not a poor team and we need to make sure we take our chances when they come.

Nearly 20 gone and 0-0. Not good.

Well he's never done that to my memory in his whole career with us so I think you should wait to find out his reasons before judging. Let's see how well Matt Oakley does, he could be the one taking all the flak once Tis leaves so it's an opportunity for him today.

The co commentator is not too inspiring

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    Well he's never done that to my memory in his whole career with us so I think you should wait to find out his reasons before judging. Let's see how well Matt Oakley does, he could be the one taking all the flak once Tis leaves so it's an opportunity for him today.
    Do you really think that he will feel any obligation to enlighten us?

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    We're not judging. Other than medical reasons that concern himself or any of his family or perhaps a funeral or very important wedding then there really are no other excuses.

I cannot help wondering if the pressing engagement would have been less pressing had we been playing the likes of Liverpool?

To my mind Tisdale is paid to manage ECFC and should not be entitled to delegate his responsibilities unless there are serious medical reasons concerning either himself or a close member of his family. This is an FA Cup tie worth 18,000 to the winning team and a place in the second round draw and possible live TV coverage.

Regardless of the level of opponent it is an important game and an opportunity for the Club to progress. Tisdale is paid very good money to manage the Club and ensure where possible that such opportunities are not missed and therefore in such circumstances should have remained at the helm.
    I've been out of the loop this week, so only just catching up. Appalled that Tisdale has been allowed to take time off. If someone is ill, or has urgent faimily matters I get it. The quote from Tagg though suggests he booked it before the match was moved...... Sorry, but on FA cup weekends we all know we could be playing on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Absolutely no excuse, bordering on arrogant and being that it was booked back along, evidently not a family or health emergency.

We aint going to look good if we lose..........

Old, vintage, unusual, ECFC enamel badges wanted for fledgling collection.

Do you really think that he will feel any obligation to enlighten us?
    Why should he? The club have already put out a perfectly acceptable explanatory statement on the OS.

Back at the ranch, haven't we bleddy scored yet? And, what's the estimated crowd?