• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL's statement on the use of Pyrotechnics

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure what has changed, other than a greater emphasis on getting them banned and action against those that use them

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/november/efl-statement-clubs-united-as-efl-tackles-footballs-pyrotechnic-problem/

"put an end to the dangerous use of pyrotechnics, which include smoke bombs, flares and fireworks"

What am I supposed to wear then?

The Governor

Presumably clubs in continental Europe have a differing view on the safety risk posed by flares as they are commonplace there

Jazzi

If your breathing is compromised in any way (asthma for instance) these smoke pellets are a real problem.

Legohead

Banned
Just don't be an ********. Leave them at home or better still, don't buy them in the first place. Otherwise i hope you get a criminal record and it severely effects your employment prospects. ;)

Not strong enough the punishments IMO.

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see that some div has just burnt a nice hole in Hyde’s artificial pitch by chucking a flare on to it. There goes some of their FA Cup money.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
"put an end to the dangerous use of pyrotechnics, which include smoke bombs, flares and fireworks"

What am I supposed to wear then?
You'll have to dig out the Tisdale Ball Huggers Mick! Not a lot of room for yer todger in em' though!