Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ashes

Re: The Ashes

Sad news about poor Finn. Reminds me of Chris Tremlett.

I thought either Liam Plunkett or Mark Wood with their extra pace would be the next cab on the rank but good luck to Tom C who has a good attitude to the game and maybe the selectors took into account his batting. Shame he is from Sorry mind.

I feel a bit of a fraud. I am going to this on the 5th of Jan in Sydney and know nothing about cricket whatsoever . Group of 14 chaps and chicks, good mix of Oz an English, looking forward to it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Sad news about poor Finn. Reminds me of Chris Tremlett.

I thought either Liam Plunkett or Mark Wood with their extra pace would be the next cab on the rank but good luck to Tom C who has a good attitude to the game and maybe the selectors took into account his batting. Shame he is from Sorry mind.
    Surprised Plunkett didn't get the nod, Wood is a busted flush now. Good luck to Curran.

Got to feel for Plunkett not being called up as a replacement as he arguably merited a seat on the plane in the first place. Curran is probably being lined up to replace Jimmy when he retires. Massive leap, but the ECB have backed him since day one. Our seam attack does look very one-paced.

Jake Ball sprained his ankle bowling overnight. Starting to feel like the seam department is doomed; still two weeks to go.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Good to see Craig Overton do so well in the warm up games - nice lad is Craig and a super talent for the future - used to hate rocking up at North Devon and see him and Jamie warming up - although I think Ball will get the chance

I reckon this will now be the starting 11

Cook
    Stoneman
    Vince
    Root
    Malan
    Bairstow
    Ali
    Woakes
    Broad
    Ball
    Anderson