Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

Re: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

Reid and Stockley start, we will massively struggle to score, and game will end 1-0 Heybridge.

If McAlinden starts with Reid, we could hammer them. 5-0 City

From the Heybridge Swifts website.

"JODY BROWN says Heybridge’s gruelling schedule means the chances of pulling of an FA Cup shock at Exeter are now a “million to one shot”.

Eigth-tier Swifts were already huge underdogs to travel across the countty to St James Park and upset a Paul Tisdale’s League Two high-fliers in Sunday’s FA Cup first round tie.

But Swifts boss Brown says a 3-3 FA Trophy draw at Tonbridge on Saturday – and subsequent replay tomorrow night at Scraley Road – means his injury-hit side are now extraodinaryly long odds to shock the Grecians.

He said: “Tonbridge on Saturday was a very tough place to go. We faced crowds bigger than we are used to and the vast majority of their players have played at National League level in recent years.

“I think we came to terms with it and grew stronger, eventually pegging them back and looking for the equaliser – which we deservedly got.

“A replay is not what we wanted so close to our game at Exeter but it shows how far we have come and how capable we are.

“I think it’s crazy that the FA expect you to play a Trophy replay four days before an FA Cup first round tie – it’s not particularly supportive of non league football.

“We will now face Exeter having had to play five games since the fourth round qualifier, with them only playing three and having three days more recovery than us, plus no travel.

“The odds were stacked against us – but this makes it a million to one shot.”

Swifts striker Josh Fagbohun tore his groin on Saturday and joins Phil Anderson, George Cole, George Smith, Joe Gardner, and Lewis Godbold on the sidelines, and Kreshnic Krasniqi is also suspended for the visit of the Angels.

Brown (pictured above) added: “On Tuesday we will be asking our back four and goalkeeper to stand up to the challenge of Nathan Elder, Andre McCollin, Alex Akrofi, and Daniel Thompson.

“That’s as good as you’ll face in the entire Isthmian League and we are very much aware of that.

“But in a lot of ways it’s good preparation for facing the Exeter pairing of Jayden Stockley and Rueben Reid, who are a very highly rated pair in League Two.”

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

2-0 win

Stockley with 2 headers

Heybridge Swifts beat Tonbridge 2-1 in their FA Trophy replay tonight.

Amusing comment from Pat Baldwin on being asked for advice by the Heybridge coach:

"I didn't really know what Tis was going to play when I was playing, let alone watching from afar nowadays."

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/footb...r-citys-711830

City 3-0 Swifts

4-1 Exeter

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Amusing comment from Pat Baldwin on being asked for advice by the Heybridge coach:

"I didn't really know what Tis was going to play when I was playing, let alone watching from afar nowadays."

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/footb...r-citys-711830
    Good one-liner from Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by crocks View Post
    From the Heybridge Swifts website.

"JODY BROWN says Heybridge’s gruelling schedule means the chances of pulling of an FA Cup shock at Exeter are now a “million to one shot”.

Eigth-tier Swifts were already huge underdogs to travel across the countty to St James Park and upset a Paul Tisdale’s League Two high-fliers in Sunday’s FA Cup first round tie.

But Swifts boss Brown says a 3-3 FA Trophy draw at Tonbridge on Saturday – and subsequent replay tomorrow night at Scraley Road – means his injury-hit side are now extraodinaryly long odds to shock the Grecians.

He said: “Tonbridge on Saturday was a very tough place to go. We faced crowds bigger than we are used to and the vast majority of their players have played at National League level in recent years.

“I think we came to terms with it and grew stronger, eventually pegging them back and looking for the equaliser – which we deservedly got.

“A replay is not what we wanted so close to our game at Exeter but it shows how far we have come and how capable we are.

“I think it’s crazy that the FA expect you to play a Trophy replay four days before an FA Cup first round tie – it’s not particularly supportive of non league football.

“We will now face Exeter having had to play five games since the fourth round qualifier, with them only playing three and having three days more recovery than us, plus no travel.

“The odds were stacked against us – but this makes it a million to one shot.”

Swifts striker Josh Fagbohun tore his groin on Saturday and joins Phil Anderson, George Cole, George Smith, Joe Gardner, and Lewis Godbold on the sidelines, and Kreshnic Krasniqi is also suspended for the visit of the Angels.

Brown (pictured above) added: “On Tuesday we will be asking our back four and goalkeeper to stand up to the challenge of Nathan Elder, Andre McCollin, Alex Akrofi, and Daniel Thompson.

“That’s as good as you’ll face in the entire Isthmian League and we are very much aware of that.

“But in a lot of ways it’s good preparation for facing the Exeter pairing of Jayden Stockley and Rueben Reid, who are a very highly rated pair in League Two.”
    I reckon the "woe is us" theme running through the above post is bullsh/it. Laying out all their injury problems and other factors that lead to the claims that they think its "a million to one chance" of them winning"- isn't to taken seriously. They are in the same league (different region) as Warrington, and look how that went? Not only did they win, but Warrington looked the better team on the night! No doubt Tisdale will field the same team that played last weekend, and wont go and blood*a few youngsters; will he?

*I see the term BLOOD has been used more than once of late on here, regarding players. I hate it with a passion as its totally inappropriate regarding human beings! Its worse than 'assist', 'glovesman' and 'guy'!