Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

Re: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

Are Heybridge in a higher or lower league than Warrington, who we lost to. I cant find em' anywhere.

The way we're misfiring at the moment this game could have embarrassment written all over it.A squeeky 2-1 win though , although if McA is given a break maybe we'll stretch it to three or four goals.
    Last edited by Banksy; 31 October 2017 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Are Heybridge in a higher or lower league than Warrington, who we lost to. I cant find em' anywhere.
    Does it matter Pete? That your search is fruitless in itself should tell you how far down the pyramid they are. I know most of the talk on here seems pretty disrespectful to Heybridge but the reality is they shouldn’t really have a hope in hell of beating us, even if they’re at their best and we’re at our worst.

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

According to the bookies Heybridge are 14/1 to win this game, we are 3/1 on.

So they have about a 7% chance of winning.

After those recent years of non-League agony and embarrassment we're going to do a proper number on Heybridge. 5-0 City!!!

They are both in the 8th tier. Warrington in the Northern Premier North and Heybridge in the Isthmian Div 1 North. I wasn't an Exeter fan when we played Warrington but i do remember watching the game on telly. From memory i think it was away on BBC on a friday night although could be mistaken. The game sticks out in my mind because i'd had an accumulator and kicked it off with Exeter on the friday thinking they were a dead cert and we know the rest.

That was away from home though and whilst no league team should be succumbing to a side as low down as Warrington, away from home at some of these places is infinitely more tricky than a home tie IMO. A league club playing at home though to an 8th tier side should really be winning comfortably.

In short there is absolutely no excuse for anything other than a routine victory on saturday.

With our recent indifferent form, and the disadvantage of having two whole areas of our ground boarded up, I can see an upset. We lose one hell of a lot of the 'home advantage' with those two areas closed, it'll be almost like playing on a neutral ground for Heybridge. I think a lot of the atmospheres lost with the way things are. A 2-2 draw from me, with a replay we really dont need.
    Yes, Pete, we really gained a significant home advantage from the away end being open. And our recent indifferent form probably has been caused by a factor that has existed all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    In short there is absolutely no excuse for anything other than a routine victory on saturday.
    Oh yes there is, we don't play until Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Oh yes there is, we don't play until Sunday
    I'd love to say that it was a deliberate mistake to see if anyone would spot it but sadly it wasn't. Engage brain time I think. ��

The joy of Six... City 6 - 1 Swifts