Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

Without disrespecting or underestimating our non league opponents, we should be smashing in at least 3 or 4 here. I'm going for a 5-0.

Re: Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts Prediction Thread

We've been knocked out so many times by non-league outfits over the years. A bit embarrassing really. I bet managers hate these games. I am expecting a cagey start, but if we get our noses in front a comfortable win. If it's nil nil at half time or god forbid we are behind at the break, I expect a very cagey second half. Suspect we will be fine so going for a 4-1 win

Cringing, embarrassing 1-0 defeat. TAH own goal. Tis praises the Swifts and Troy, on the upside, Banter Base comes alive.

A 3-1 win in front of a disappointing 2200 .

As much as we like to occasionally give the static defence some stick I can see them breaking us down as long as we keep passing and don't get dragged into a dogfight should be an easy win 2-2

A 3200 crowd witnesses history as City record their biggest ever victory. 8-0!!

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    A 3200 crowd witnesses history as City record their biggest ever victory. 8-0!!
    Sorry Indo, but I think that you will find that our record FA Cup win was 14-0 v Weymouth in 1908 !

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Sorry Indo, but I think that you will find that our record FA Cup win was 14-0 v Weymouth in 1908 !
    I had a feeling I might have been wrong about that one. So it's gonna have to be 15-0. Come on You Reds!!

With our recent indifferent form, and the disadvantage of having two whole areas of our ground boarded up, I can see an upset. We lose one hell of a lot of the 'home advantage' with those two areas closed, it'll be almost like playing on a neutral ground for Heybridge. I think a lot of the atmospheres lost with the way things are. A 2-2 draw from me, with a replay we really dont need.

Rather like an England qualifying game it’ll be a dull and insipid affair. Ultimately, after a couple of minor scares City will run out comfortable winners, probably by three or four to nil with all the goals coming in the last quarter of the match. Tis will say post match that we had to be patient as they were hard to break down. In reality they’ll banzai the first twenty minutes then park the bus hoping for a TV replay and decent pot of cash.

Pete’s suggestion is nonsense - even the closed off areas of the ground will have more people in them than their average crowd. If we don’t win we really do need to have a very long and very hard look at ourselves, chances for a second round tie really don’t come any easier than this.