Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust AGM

Re: Trust AGM

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    I think the greater need is for the four trust members who sit on the club board to be replaced. Them staying in their positions indefinitely is not a good idea
    I thought we'd agreed that no Trust Board member stayed indefinitely. Every TB member has to seek re-election every three years and the position of the four Trust Board members who sit on the Club Board is no different.
    Last edited by Matt Russell; 31 October 2017 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    I thought we'd agreed that no Trust Board member stayed indefinitely. Every TB member has to seek re-election every three years and the position of the four Trust Board members who sit on the Club Board is no different.
    Matt, I'm now fully aware of the above, although as you know I originally misundertood the process in removing or replacing them. I'm just saying what I believe one or two others were thinking when this whole issue came up. Furthermore I think three years is too lengthy a stint for that position.

Furthermore I think three years is too lengthy a stint for that position.
    What length of time would you consider appropriate?

What length of time would you consider appropriate?
    2 years; then stand down. Its an extremely important position that needs to be filled adaquately.

The focus needs to be on how good the individual is, not capping the length of service. I favour a 4/5 year stint for the right individuals and if they have to face re-election to the Trust Board during the period of office on the Club Board so be it. Lose in the election = resign from Club Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    The focus needs to be on how good the individual is, not capping the length of service. I favour a 4/5 year stint for the right individuals and if they have to face re-election to the Trust Board during the period of office on the Club Board so be it. Lose in the election = resign from Club Board.
    Sounds good. TBH I think there are one or two under achievers right now.

The problem with a short period of tenure is that by the time you've grown into the role and learnt all about the issues both front and background, it's not too far from the time you have to stand down. This way leads to little progress with none or little continuity.

You do realise that we've gone from 2 years to 4 - 5 years in the space of little over half an hour and it "sounds good?"
    Awaiting with interest what part of their duties the unnamed individuals have under achieved.
    Last edited by Matt Russell; 31 October 2017 at 21:29.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Up to 50 % of the trust board are underachieving !

That's a pretty strong statement.

You do realise that we've gone from 2 years to 4 - 5 years in the space of little over half an hour and it "sounds good?"
    Awaiting with interest what part of their duties the unnamed individuals have under achieved.
    According to Dr. Dave, the only area where they've over achieved is in developing processes that are both tortuous and impossible to interpret.