• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
By all accounts the matter of no AOB at the AGM was raised at last night's Trust Board meeting. I am given to understand that there will be a statement from the Trust Board to follow (no indication of time given). I am advised that if this issue directly concerns you, and that you had intended to raise an issue in AOB ,you should contact the Trust Board secretary and make it known. Don't wait with bated breath. As always, it will be interesting to see how blandly it emerges in the next Trust Board minutes.
I received an email from Graham Deasy yesterday afternoon saying he would take my emails to the TB meeting last night querying the lack of AOB and the matter of progress on acquiring 75% shareholding control.

I was also going to raise the issue of paying Trust money to the Club when it does not really need it. The same point as AndrewP was going to raise. See post 134 above.

Last edited:

elginCity

I was also going to raise the issue of paying Trust money to the Club when it does not really need it. The same point as AndrewP was going to raise. See post 134 above.
2) The Trust spent more than it earned last yr, with additional funds being given to the club (Some £127k I think it was)...
How/why was this allowed to happen, it's unsustainable ?

Alistair20000

It came out of available Trust reserves Elgy.

crocks

Something to muse upon.

Doug3101

"That aside, I've no doubt there are Trust board members reading this thread;"

Is the correct answer. Please feel free to message me any concerns on this site. I will be setting up a new email address specifically for Trust business that I will circulate in due course.

Last edited:

Jazzi

It's not unsustainable to give out more than comes in during a particular year if it's only done when it's affordable.

David Treharne

It's not unsustainable to give out more than comes in during a particular year if it's only done when it's affordable.
What the Trust ought to be doing with its funds now that the Club appears to be fairly stable is, perhaps, a discussion that might be instigated by the Trust Board as a part of laying out a longer term set of objectives for itself. This might also be coupled with a review of how the Trust operates with a rather wider remit than the Adrian Ashton led report of 2013 ever attempted (or was allowed to attempt). There are other pressing matters that might well have had an airing at the AGM if there had been Any Other Business. It may well be that some of these thoughts coincide with what the Trust Board is thinking, though there's not any sign visible to Members that this is part of their agenda.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
"That aside, I've no doubt there are Trust board members reading this thread;"

Is the correct answer. Please feel free to message me any concerns on this site. I will be setting up a new email address specifically for Trust business that I will circulate in due course.
Thank you for the offer, however, it rather misses my point. Notwithstanding all the usual arguments about how representative of the wider Trust membership ExeWeb is, it's as good a barometer as we have and, that being the case, it pains me that just occasionally the Trust board can't recognise that and act on some of the sentiments that are being expressed on here.

Is it any real wonder that some City fans feel disinclined to join the Trust when seemingly the only way of engaging with it is via official channels? If the Trust has made a ****-up as, it would appear, is clearly the case with regard to the issue of Any Other Business at the AGM and this is highlighted here then is it too much to hope that a Trust board member might take it upon themself to see that this issue is raised ASAP, an apology issued, and a solution found?!

If someone were to volunteer via ExeWeb a foolproof way for the Trust to generate hundreds of thousands of pounds then I'm reasonably certain a Trust board member would take it on board and act on it; if, however, there's a hint of criticism then, it seems to me, the response is always that it will only be entertained if it comes via official Trust channels.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Is it any real wonder that some City fans feel disinclined to join the Trust when seemingly the only way of engaging with it is via official channels?
As someone who's often picked up points raised on here and provided answers or forwarded issues to others at the Club or Trust to consider I think it is useful to be pro-active.

I see nothing wrong with any critique, positive or negative, here as that's a crucial part of an independent forum's value.

However it really isn't that hard to raise an issue through 'official channels' and I am sometimes bemused to see a question asked several times on here that could as easily or more easily be put in an email to the Trust or by speaking to someone on the Trust stall on matchdays.

Likewise, with the AOB issue at the AGM. By all accounts the Trust have got this wrong by closing the meeting too soon and should therefore fess up and allow another opportunity for this to happen. I wasn't at the meeting so I don't know if anyone in the room did complain at the time but if I had had something to bring up I would have spoken up there and then.

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Thoroughly enjoyed this thread.. Exeweb at its best