Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 195

Thread: Trust AGM

  1. #71

    Re: Trust AGM

    Trustees and officers sign a confidentiality agreement so it's not an unwritten rule. It's very much a written rule.

    Here to help.
    Last edited by LOG; 07 November 2017 at 20:36. Reason: plurals innit

  2. #72

    Re: Trust AGM

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    You've lost me Matt.

    I know, not difficult.
    The rule is a written one as is the signature that agrees to abide by it?

  3. #73
    feverpitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Back on the fanzine trail
    Posts
    5,911

    Re: Trust AGM

    Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    Sean Devine Devine
    He said that bourbouns were fine
    He resigns all the ****ing time
    Sean Devine Devine
    Sean Devine Devine
    Attendance is in decline
    Moves house all the ****ing time
    Sean Devine Devine

  4. #74

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: Trust AGM

    Quote Originally Posted by feverpitch View Post
    Sean Devine Devine
    Attendance is in decline
    Moves house all the ****ing time
    Sean Devine Devine
    What language fever! So unbecoming of a lady.

  5. #75

    Re: Trust AGM

    I saw the AGM venue today and very good it is too. The acoustics are excellent, it seats well over 100 and has a huge projector screen.

    The good news is that the cafe in the college should be open (you walk past it on the way to the Lecture Theatre) but the bad news is that you can't take drinks, other than water, into the theatre itself.

    Going to the college for the first time in over 20 years gave me flashbacks, mind.
    Last edited by LOG; 08 November 2017 at 21:00. Reason: emphasis

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Exeter, Devon
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Trust AGM

    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    I saw the AGM venue today and very good it is too. The acoustics are excellent, it seats well over 100 and has a huge projector screen..
    I'm less worried about the aesthetics of the venue than the amount of control that the Trust is likely to exert in avoiding "difficult" questions from the floor about the nature of what it does, how it views the future and what its ongoing relationship with the Club Board is. That's also laying aside the matters to do with the terrible c*ck up about the organisation and running of the AGM and increasing lethargy over decision making and the real issues of concern over an ageing Trust membership and the poor retention of the 18-25 age group. No doubt these issues will be clouded by a euphoria about such important issues as a hall of fame, a museum of artefacts and quite what graphics can be used to fill that enormous projector screen. Action, not words would be a welcome step forward.

  7. #77

    Re: Trust AGM

    I was merely commenting on the venue given the complaints last year.

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: Trust AGM

    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    I was merely commenting on the venue given the complaints last year.
    And you mean well Lionel. It just turns out that Dr Daves overview of the club 'workings' is rather more important than the quality of the venue. At the moment it seems the club board is running paralel with the trust board and nothing is being achieved. I think that the four trust reps. who sit on the club board need replacing as a matter of urgency. Those four are the important points of contact between trust and club, and I believe they're failing. I dont know what the problem is, but I thought that if the trust wanted something done, those four quite simply told the club board what was wanted, and the club board acted upon the request from the trust. What is so difficult about doing that? Is there a counter argument from the club board about the trusts requests? because if there is, there shouldnt be! As a matter of fact, I dont altogether know why the club board exists, when they shouldnt have any say in trust requests. Why are the club board a stumbling block? And why have we arrived at what appears to me to be a total wag the dog situation, as far as the club board is concerned?
    Last edited by PeteUSA; 09 November 2017 at 01:59.

  9. #79
    Antony Moxey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Exmuff
    Posts
    38,504

    Re: Trust AGM

    Pete, why do you say nothing is being achieved? I would suggest the club is doing more at present than it ever has done - what else should it be doing? You say the club board is a stumbling block, but a stumbling block to what? If anything’s holding the club back it’s the Trust - what does it actually do to move the club forward, indeed, what has it ever done to move the club forward?

  10. #80

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: Trust AGM

    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Pete, why do you say nothing is being achieved? I would suggest the club is doing more at present than it ever has done - what else should it be doing? You say the club board is a stumbling block, but a stumbling block to what? If anythingís holding the club back itís the Trust - what does it actually do to move the club forward, indeed, what has it ever done to move the club forward?
    Good points Antony. But it does appear to me that the trust struggles to get the club to do anything, which is why I think the four trust reps. should stand down, or be replaced. They are the means of connection between both factions, and I believe they need to be replaced on a regular basis. They are after all only messengers. I may be wrong but I sense its difficult to get the club to do some things, when in fact what the trust want done is bugger all to do with the club board. They're just there to accept what the trust wants and then rubber stamp it; no arguments. IMHO theres something badly wrong between the trust and the club which needs to be sorted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •