Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust AGM

Re: Trust AGM

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Nothing new, Taggy has been backing people to stand in Trust elections as long as I can remember. Does have the horrible whiff of self interest of course.
    That being the case, how the hell was that situation arrived at? To quote Boyo above: "I know of at least one other Trustee who was voted in last year who stood at the request of Taggy". Really!? WTF is going on at the club? Why does the club chairman apparently have insurmountable power, whereby people seem to do whatever he ask's, even when hes "backing people to stand in Trust elections"? If true, why is all of this happening?

I wonder if he features in the paradise papers Pete? If you haven't picked up on it over the water it's a big leak of documents regarding wealthy tax dodgers and tax havens. Wouldn't surprise me if he has an offshore bank account.

I did catch a glimpse of it on the BBC site yesterday Geoff. Apparently the Queen has some money put away, so to speak. We've got troubles of our own here; Its called Donald Trump, who'se approval rating throughout the country thus far is the lowest in presidential history. Its a mess mate. I'm glad I didnt vote for him, or anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    I did catch a glimpse of it on the BBC site yesterday Geoff. Apparently the Queen has some money put away, so to speak. We've got troubles of our own here; Its called Donald Trump, who'se approval rating throughout the country thus far is the lowest in presidential history. Its a mess mate. I'm glad I didnt vote for him, or anybody else.
    You gotta be careful with that guy, Pete. If he could he would become supreme leader. Lets hope the checks and balances over the pond can work a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    I have missed any official notification that Sean Devine has stood down. Anybody know where it is? As others have said the timing is unfortunate and causes some problems.
    I follow things as closely as I can, but I only found out that Sean Devine had stood down by reading this thread. Why on earth did he do that, at a crucial time with those elections coming up? He was extremely pro Tagg, and often thanked him on here for everything that he and the club had done for him. So why did he stand down? Do we know a reason?

That being the case, how the hell was that situation arrived at? To quote Boyo above: "I know of at least one other Trustee who was voted in last year who stood at the request of Taggy". Really!? WTF is going on at the club? Why does the club chairman apparently have insurmountable power, whereby people seem to do whatever he ask's, even when hes "backing people to stand in Trust elections"? If true, why is all of this happening?
    What on earth are you on about? ‘Insurmountable power’? Calm down petal, why does everything have to be such a drama with you? Call the CIA or MI5, this is of national, nay, international importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    What on earth are you on about? ‘Insurmountable power’? Calm down petal, why does everything have to be such a drama with you? Call the CIA or MI5, this is of national, nay, international importance.
    So, nothing further to add then regarding the latest revelations?

So, nothing further to add then regarding the latest revelations?
    Nope, other than a big dollop of ‘so what’. How about you?

Excuse my ignorance, and this maybe a far fetched question but does the trust have a say in how the club is ran? Could they overturn any decisions tagg & Perryman make?

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Revelations ....... someone on an internet forum says its true so it must be !