• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester away

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Saturday 9th December.

Not sure I can be bothered with this one. Out of town lego stadium with no soul.

Legohead

Banned
I've not been before and had planned to make a weekend of it with the family doing a bit of Xmas shopping and visiting Colchester so all being well i'll be there. If you aren't keen on out of town lego stadiums then give Chesterfield a miss too. Been loads of times due to living here and it doesn't get any better. Hidden behind our huge Tesco superstore it looks a bit sad now and is a soulless depresssing place. The footy ground is the same too. ;)

Ashford Grecian

Soulless indeed but will be clap, clap + junior (will be having pre-match beer is Spoons Chelmsford)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've not been before and had planned to make a weekend of it with the family doing a bit of Xmas shopping and visiting Colchester so all being well i'll be there. If you aren't keen on out of town lego stadiums then give Chesterfield a miss too. Been loads of times due to living here and it doesn't get any better. Hidden behind our huge Tesco superstore it looks a bit sad now and is a soulless depresssing place. The footy ground is the same too. ;)
At least Chesterfield has a few good pubs nearby. Colchester is fine if you drive, and not bothered about a few pre-match pints. We tend to drink at Hamilton Halls in Liverpool Street station.

Legohead

Banned
Yeah the Derby Tup is probably the best although i don't go in anymore. There are a few others, Donkey Derby is a chain pub and tends to be where the knuckleheads go who just want to get hammered and cause bother, the Tup is more of a real ale, friendly pub with fans mingling. The pub over the road from the ground (forgot it's name - think it may have changed names) is home fans only i believe and there is a pub halfway up Sanforth Street The Miners which is small and tucked in between terrace houses though looks partizan, not sure about away fans in there either. There are a few others further afield. It was better when the club played at Saltergate as it was bang next to the town centre.

Suppose this should be on the Chesterfield away thread! (drunk)

Last edited:

Matt Russell

Suppose this should be on the Chesterfield away thread!
Add the Col and delete the field - simples.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Won't be going - will be at the pantomime instead (Oh no I won't, etc.). One day I'll return to banish the memories of Karl Evans' refereeing, losing 5-1 and the half time display by the Red Barrows.

Tickets now on sale - get in early as they have FOUR different prices depending on when you purchase:

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/away-tickets-colchester-united/

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe...Combined Christmas work do & my retirement pi55up,the night before..See how I feel at 0700!!!

Legohead

Banned
Won't be going after all now as the family weekend away has had to be cancelled. Disappointed. After Chesterfield my next game will now have to be Crewe away on the 6th of January.

Matt Russell

Won't be going after all now as the family weekend away has had to be cancelled. Disappointed. After Chesterfield my next game will now have to be Crewe away on the 6th of January.
Don't bank on that one. We'll be away at Spurs that weekend!