Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colchester away

Hybrid View

Colchester away

Saturday 9th December.

Not sure I can be bothered with this one. Out of town lego stadium with no soul.

Re: Colchester away

I've not been before and had planned to make a weekend of it with the family doing a bit of Xmas shopping and visiting Colchester so all being well i'll be there. If you aren't keen on out of town lego stadiums then give Chesterfield a miss too. Been loads of times due to living here and it doesn't get any better. Hidden behind our huge Tesco superstore it looks a bit sad now and is a soulless depresssing place. The footy ground is the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    I've not been before and had planned to make a weekend of it with the family doing a bit of Xmas shopping and visiting Colchester so all being well i'll be there. If you aren't keen on out of town lego stadiums then give Chesterfield a miss too. Been loads of times due to living here and it doesn't get any better. Hidden behind our huge Tesco superstore it looks a bit sad now and is a soulless depresssing place. The footy ground is the same too.
    At least Chesterfield has a few good pubs nearby. Colchester is fine if you drive, and not bothered about a few pre-match pints. We tend to drink at Hamilton Halls in Liverpool Street station.

Soulless indeed but will be clap, clap + junior (will be having pre-match beer is Spoons Chelmsford)

Yeah the Derby Tup is probably the best although i don't go in anymore. There are a few others, Donkey Derby is a chain pub and tends to be where the knuckleheads go who just want to get hammered and cause bother, the Tup is more of a real ale, friendly pub with fans mingling. The pub over the road from the ground (forgot it's name - think it may have changed names) is home fans only i believe and there is a pub halfway up Sanforth Street The Miners which is small and tucked in between terrace houses though looks partizan, not sure about away fans in there either. There are a few others further afield. It was better when the club played at Saltergate as it was bang next to the town centre.

Suppose this should be on the Chesterfield away thread!
    Last edited by Legohead; 29 October 2017 at 13:35.

[QUOTE=Legohead;1680527]Suppose this should be on the Chesterfield away thread![QUOTE]

Add the Col and delete the field - simples.
    Last edited by Hants_red; 29 October 2017 at 17:43.

Won't be going - will be at the pantomime instead (Oh no I won't, etc.). One day I'll return to banish the memories of Karl Evans' refereeing, losing 5-1 and the half time display by the Red Barrows.

Tickets now on sale - get in early as they have FOUR different prices depending on when you purchase:

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...hester-united/

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    One day I'll return to banish the memories of Karl Evans' refereeing, losing 5-1]
    I think he was demoted to the Conference/National League soon after that and is still reffing there
    Last edited by Alistair20000; 08 November 2017 at 14:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    I think he was demoted to the Conference/National League soon after that and is still reffing there
    Indeed he is - I remember seeing him reffing a Conf match, I think last season, and he hadn't lost any of his "qualities", he was still a jumped up "Short Man Syndrome" type.

Maybe...Combined Christmas work do & my retirement pi55up,the night before..See how I feel at 0700!!!