Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyd123 View Post
    5-3-2 wingbacks.

Pym
    Sweeney Brown JMT
    Wilson Taylor James Boateng Moxey
    McAlinden Stockley

Subs - Hamon, Woodman, Byrne, Jay, Reid, Sparkes, Holmes
    I'm not sure Wilson would make a decent wing back. He's far too attack minded - rightly so. I'd go...

Pym
    Sweeney Brown JMT Woody
    Taylor James Boateng Moxey
    McAlinden Stockley

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    I'm not sure Wilson would make a decent wing back. He's far too attack minded - rightly so. I'd go...

Pym
    Sweeney Brown JMT Woody
    Taylor James Boateng Moxey
    McAlinden Stockley
    I think you’re thinking of Kyle Edwards? Kane Wilson is a right back so can defend, plus I understand he’s pretty quick so could be a good asset going forward.

Was speaking to a couple of Baggies on Saturday night who couldn't understand why Kane Wilson is not regularly making the team. Very highly rated prospect up there, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    Was speaking to a couple of Baggies on Saturday night who couldn't understand why Kane Wilson is not regularly making the team. Very highly rated prospect up there, he is.
    probably because this far Sweeney has been pretty solid

I like the look of Indo's team in post one, playing Wilson at RB and Sweeney sitting in front may work really well. I would always play Holmes when fit though, so would swap him for Moxey in that line up

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    probably because this far Sweeney has been pretty solid
    Been poor in the last three games too many scuffed and mis hit clearances that have gone straight to our opponents

Would like to see Wilson get a chance this weekend
    Last edited by Red Devon; 24 October 2017 at 20:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    Wilson hasn't even featured in the first team after being signed on loan as a right full back to challenge Sweeney for the slot so... I hope he is attack minded considering where I would play him in my line up!
    Last edited by Joshyd123; 24 October 2017 at 23:47.

Wilson hasn't even featured in the first team after being signed on loan as a right full back to challenge Sweeney for the slot so... I hope he is attack minded considering where I would play him in my line up!
    He is highly thought of and I think he should be given a chance to start in the first team. He played quite well v Hull City reserves last night, apparently.

Wilson hasn't even featured in the first team after being signed on loan as a right full back to challenge Sweeney for the slot so...
    this is one of the problems with not permitting any loans, as well as banning outright transfers, between transfer windows.It was right to have another right back of first team quality on the books,in case Sweeney say broke his leg in the first week of September, leaving us without a right back for four months. Instead Sweeney has played well,not deserved to be dropped and left Wilson fighting to get game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    I think you’re thinking of Kyle Edwards? Kane Wilson is a right back so can defend, plus I understand he’s pretty quick so could be a good asset going forward.
    You're right, I'm getting Edwards and Wilson confused. Carry on...