Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: City's line-up for Mansfield

  1. #11

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshyd123 View Post
    5-3-2 wingbacks.

    Pym
    Sweeney Brown JMT
    Wilson Taylor James Boateng Moxey
    McAlinden Stockley

    Subs - Hamon, Woodman, Byrne, Jay, Reid, Sparkes, Holmes
    I'm not sure Wilson would make a decent wing back. He's far too attack minded - rightly so. I'd go...

    Pym
    Sweeney Brown JMT Woody
    Taylor James Boateng Moxey
    McAlinden Stockley

  2. #12

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    I'm not sure Wilson would make a decent wing back. He's far too attack minded - rightly so. I'd go...

    Pym
    Sweeney Brown JMT Woody
    Taylor James Boateng Moxey
    McAlinden Stockley
    I think you’re thinking of Kyle Edwards? Kane Wilson is a right back so can defend, plus I understand he’s pretty quick so could be a good asset going forward.

  3. #13
    elginCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Going into Battle
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Was speaking to a couple of Baggies on Saturday night who couldn't understand why Kane Wilson is not regularly making the team. Very highly rated prospect up there, he is.

  4. #14
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,387

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    Was speaking to a couple of Baggies on Saturday night who couldn't understand why Kane Wilson is not regularly making the team. Very highly rated prospect up there, he is.
    probably because this far Sweeney has been pretty solid

  5. #15
    Avening Posse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,268

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    I like the look of Indo's team in post one, playing Wilson at RB and Sweeney sitting in front may work really well. I would always play Holmes when fit though, so would swap him for Moxey in that line up

  6. #16

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    probably because this far Sweeney has been pretty solid
    Been poor in the last three games too many scuffed and mis hit clearances that have gone straight to our opponents

    Would like to see Wilson get a chance this weekend
    Last edited by Red Devon; 24 October 2017 at 20:26.

  7. #17
    Joshyd123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oopsy.
    Posts
    11,549

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    I'm not sure Wilson would make a decent wing back. He's far too attack minded - rightly so. I'd go...
    Wilson hasn't even featured in the first team after being signed on loan as a right full back to challenge Sweeney for the slot so... I hope he is attack minded considering where I would play him in my line up!
    Last edited by Joshyd123; 24 October 2017 at 23:47.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,641

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshyd123 View Post
    Wilson hasn't even featured in the first team after being signed on loan as a right full back to challenge Sweeney for the slot so... I hope he is attack minded considering where I would play him in my line up!
    He is highly thought of and I think he should be given a chance to start in the first team. He played quite well v Hull City reserves last night, apparently.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,430

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshyd123 View Post
    Wilson hasn't even featured in the first team after being signed on loan as a right full back to challenge Sweeney for the slot so...
    this is one of the problems with not permitting any loans, as well as banning outright transfers, between transfer windows.It was right to have another right back of first team quality on the books,in case Sweeney say broke his leg in the first week of September, leaving us without a right back for four months. Instead Sweeney has played well,not deserved to be dropped and left Wilson fighting to get game time.

  10. #20

    Re: City's line-up for Mansfield

    Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    I think you’re thinking of Kyle Edwards? Kane Wilson is a right back so can defend, plus I understand he’s pretty quick so could be a good asset going forward.
    You're right, I'm getting Edwards and Wilson confused. Carry on...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •