Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Advertising boards and time wasting

Re: Advertising boards and time wasting

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    I didn't allow for the wind ....
    Similar to the team then

While we are on the subject, does anyone know why there are now four ball boys/girls along the OG side of the pitch? Any ball that hits the grey hoardings just bounces straight back into the field of play, and any ball going over these they can't retrieve anyway. They are so close to the pitch (out of necessity) that it's surely only a matter of time before a player clatters into one of them, so are they really necessary?

I still think that some round holes should be cut out of the boards and bonus points awarded for kicking the ball through them.

Although it may look less, the distance from pitch edge to the hoardings is as much as from pitch edge to the fence barrier on the Main Stand side with the same risk of collision on both sides.
    The ball boys are mainly useful for when the ball runs away down the touchline away from play.

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    I still think that some round holes should be cut out of the boards and bonus points awarded for kicking the ball through them.
    It wouldn't be long before someone claims to have seen Tisdale putting square pegs into them.

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    Multiball isn't allowed in league games. Was stopped beards ago. Not sure a net would be allowed with health and safety.
    Back to manc's post above: Is the first comment serious or a joke. If serious, is it the suggestion that no spare balls can be kept over by the wooden fence to avoid time wasting? Similarly on the second comment, what would health and safety have to do with putting netting in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    It wouldn't be long before someone claims to have seen Tisdale putting square pegs into them.
    Once he's finished with our front pairing, he'll be sure to make it a priority....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    is it the suggestion that no spare balls can be kept over by the wooden fence to avoid time wasting?
    I think all replacement balls have to come from one point to lesson the chance of two (or more) balls being on the field of play at once and to be sure the balls are of the correct spec. Ours are put in from the dugout area.

As for the second part re health and safety if you catch construction worker below a certain size in the net you have to throw him back in

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Back to manc's post above: Is the first comment serious or a joke. If serious, is it the suggestion that no spare balls can be kept over by the wooden fence to avoid time wasting? Similarly on the second comment, what would health and safety have to do with putting netting in that area?
    No its not a joke. I don't do jokes. The net could get in the way should the stand need to be evacuated. Thats just a guess though and most definitely not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    No its not a joke. I don't do jokes. The net could get in the way should the stand need to be evacuated. Thats just a guess though and most definitely not a joke.
    Thanks for that manc. FFS cheer up!