• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big bank roof

Red Monster

About 15 minutes into the match there was a loud bang and a gust of wind seem to move the roof covering at the front of the roof.
The more worrying aspect was the red iron girders started bouncing it only lasted less than 10 seconds it seems
It was where the new floodlights were situated.

Some worried faces around me.

Matt Russell

About 15 minutes into the match there was a loud bang and a gust of wind seem to move the roof covering at the front of the roof.
The more worrying aspect was the red iron girders started bouncing it only lasted less than 10 seconds it seems

So you did the sensible thing of reporting it to a steward or some other official while you were at SJP?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
So you did the sensible thing of reporting it to a steward or some other official while you were at SJP?
I'm hoping they might have noticed.

Matt Russell

I'm hoping they might have noticed.
Hoping that you or someone else who noticed might do more than just hope.

cityregular

AND did anyone else notice the new floodlit pylon was moving from side to side in the gale?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you were in the Bank you couldn't ****ing miss it.

dontpassback

Any structural engineers on exeweb ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any structural engineers on exeweb ?
I believe Angus is the CEO of a large engineering company, perhaps he will be able to offer some expertise on the subject.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Didn't notice anything tbh but then I stand at the other end of the BB , didn't take much notice of the new pylon either as I was watching us torn a strip.

Saint James

Given most in the Flybe noticed I would hope things are in the diary already to be checked on Monday morning.

Last edited: