Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale - Official Matchday Thread

Re: Exeter City v Port Vale - Official Matchday Thread

Just because Reid and Stockley can head the ball doesn't mean that head height is the only way to deliver it to them. They can both use their feet as well. Also it is a better way of controlling a football in windy weather.

Just saying, like.

Quote Originally Posted by Exe on Valdez View Post
    Just because Reid and Stockley can head the ball doesn't mean that head height is the only way to deliver it to them. They can both use their feet as well. Also it is a better way of controlling a football in windy weather.

Just saying, like.
    But Reid can't head the ball as he doesn't jump and trys to catch it on his chest more often than not from airborne balls ,either holding it and bringing others into play or laying it off to a runner. Stockley on the other hand wins a lot with his head and often succeeds in finding a colleague. I agree with you our hoof in the air tactics on Saturday were self defeating and we got our just desserts. To Reid particularly we need to keep the ball on the deck more to improve his pass collection rate enabling him to use his strength in possession. Too many times recently he fail to take balls to him which is beyond his ability to gather.

Normal service resumed then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Me too. As soon as I read it.

I wonder if the lyrics can be rewritten in Tisdale/ECFC terms ?
    I've just put a copyright on it. Any enquiries please send to IndoMike @ BananaTree Mansions.com.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    I've just put a copyright on it. Any enquiries please send to IndoMike @ BananaTree Mansions.com.
    E-mail bounced back

Did you mean to leave the space out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    E-mail bounced back

Did you mean to leave the space out ?
    Happens with my cheques as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Exe on Valdez View Post

Just saying, like.
    The key thing as far as I am concerned is the context in which the ball gets hoofed forward.
    If our one guy is isolated then he needs to be able to control it, strong enough to shield it from cloven hoofed defenders and then lay it off to our guys running at pace (!) in support.
    If we already have guys in supporting positions then a well directed flick-on from a hoof ball can and should lead to a direct threat on their goal.
    Seems like we aren't doing the basics and are also devoid of ideas to adapt to the conditions and to sufficiently vary our line of attack from defence-which others have commented upon ad infinitum.