Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City vs Luton Town matchday thread

Re: Exeter City vs Luton Town matchday thread

Got back yesterday after a 2 week hols so missed the last 3 games , according to my brother in law I haven't missed much! The defence have kept us in the running whilst the midfield have been there usual classless act and the forwards have been creating very little in the way of genuine chances, can anyone tell me what had happened with LiamMc??? I thought he was playing great before I went way and was the most creative player on the pitch game after game, seems he has been dumped like dog pooop!

Quote Originally Posted by Slogger View Post
    Got back yesterday after a 2 week hols so missed the last 3 games , according to my brother in law I haven't missed much! The defence have kept us in the running whilst the midfield have been there usual classless act and the forwards have been creating very little in the way of genuine chances, can anyone tell me what had happened with LiamMc??? I thought he was playing great before I went way and was the most creative player on the pitch game after game, seems he has been dumped like dog pooop!
    Most people will slate you for that post because we are second, but I am inclined to agree with you. Defense playing superbly, while creating a lot less, despite the tonking of a poor Morecambe side.

I think our biggest problem is scoring against the better teams. No goals scored vs Coventry (4th), Wycombe (4th) Notts County (1st) - All placings correct of when we played them. And if I am correct the combination of all those games was stockley and Reid up front together/

Dull and overcast at 17:00 with drizzle and mist. The wind has shifted round to South, and seems likely to move again around to SSE. Best described as "Devon mizzle". It's 12c but it's staring to feel colder though the wind is only blowing 2-3. As Slogger has observed above, a lot will depend on who gets to play in midfield, and have to hope that the ghost of Jack Stacey doesn't come back to haunt us.

Quote Originally Posted by ECFC89 View Post
    Most people will slate you for that post because we are second, but I am inclined to agree with you. Defense playing superbly, while creating a lot less, despite the tonking of a poor Morecambe side.

I think our biggest problem is scoring against the better teams. No goals scored vs Coventry (4th), Wycombe (4th) Notts County (1st) - All placings correct of when we played them. And if I am correct the combination of all those games was stockley and Reid up front together/
    Only what has been reported back to me so thanks for that, the truth should be allowed no matter what position in the league we are as in this league that can change on a sixpence, we need to keep momentum however that should be with the best players not the highest paid which has also been reported to me may be the reason for the dumping of the MC, shaddy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ECFC89 View Post

It is no secret that Reid's goals have dried up since Stockley began to be selected over MacAlinden and I have some sympathy for the lad.

However, I'm slating you ECFC89 because it's defence not defense, defense is American and we are English and so it's feckin defence.

With a feckin C !

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    It is no secret that Reid's goals have dried up since Stockley began to be selected over MacAlinden and I have some sympathy for the lad.

However, I'm slating you ECFC89 because it's defence not defense, defense is American and we are English and so it's feckin defence.

With a feckin C !
    True that Reid’s goals have dried up but not convinced that’s got too much to do with Stockley being picked over McAlinden.

Reid had superb chances at Carlisle and Coventry which he should have scored, plus he had two or three close efforts against Morecambe. Fingers crossed both will score tonight in a thumping win!

Quote Originally Posted by Slogger View Post
    Only what has been reported back to me so thanks for that, the truth should be allowed no matter what position in the league we are as in this league that can change on a sixpence, we need to keep momentum however that should be with the best players not the highest paid which has also been reported to me may be the reason for the dumping of the MC, shaddy!!!!
    Yep didn’t create much at Carlisle apart from Stockley hitting the post and having one cleared off the line
    Reuben having a rasping drive turned over the bar by the keeper and glancing a header wide from 6 yards out
    and Boateng heading over from 8 yards out which he should have buried !

Wasn't convinced about the idea of Stockley and Reid together as the partnership lacks a bit of mobility and pace... allows the opposition to play a high line. Still think we're better off playing one of them alongside Macalinden when we're away against the better sides. At home when we're up against a defensive side though, I think its a good partnership... they certainly looked decent against Morecambe. Don't think Reid goals have dried up because of Stockley... just the ebb and flow- he's missed a few chances the last few games. The goals will come back.

Harley on the bench. That surprises me.