Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Exeter Chiefs generating 500k at every home game

Re: Exeter Chiefs generating 500k at every home game

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Tx RW. So a group of supporters bought the land and buildings but sold it/them to pay for Stadium Way? So they paid for that out of their own pocket, since they bought the schoo+ with their own money? So who owns that land now? Be patient : I'm a thicko about money and haven't shown any interest in this topic before.
    I have to say I'm also totally confused about those new houses. I had no clue that the club had any involvement with Stadium Way developements.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Tx RW. So a group of supporters bought the land and buildings but sold it/them to pay for Stadium Way? So they paid for that out of their own pocket, since they bought the schoo+ with their own money? So who owns that land now? Be patient : I'm a thicko about money and haven't shown any interest in this topic before.
    The school building (now St. James Centre), Red Square and the road in front of the Big Bank turnstiles is still owned by OTR. (This is what I keep pushing the Club to buy). The houses of course are now individually owned.To make it clear, some of the "supporters" who bought the land in the first place were also directors and yes they paid for it out of their own pockets.

Devon County Council was not prepared to sell the Fountains Centre and the adjacent car park at that time. However these were gifted to FITC about 2 years ago rather than directly to the Club because FITC held charitable status. The Club effectively now owns it as, provided they give FITC alternative accommodation, they could use it in any future redevelopment scheme.
    Last edited by rightwing; 21 October 2017 at 08:37.

Having reread your post I should say that the "supporters" (OTR) did not directly build the houses, they just sold the land with outline planning permission to a developer.
    Last edited by rightwing; 21 October 2017 at 08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by rightwing View Post
    Having reread your post I should say that the "supporters" (OTR) did not directly build the houses, they just sold the land with outline planning permission to a developer.
    Outline planning permission for the housing development was granted in November 1998 around the time of the building of the 'new' cow shed and big bank. OTR sold the land in question to Exeter Housing Society in July 2000 who subsequently constructed the properties that sit there today..

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    Outline planning permission for the housing development was granted in November 1998 around the time of the building of the 'new' cow shed and big bank. OTR sold the land in question to Exeter Housing Society in July 2000 who subsequently constructed the properties that sit there today..
    Built by Midas construction I do believe,not that's it is of any relevance,it's just me rebooting my memory !

Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    Built by Midas construction I do believe,not that's it is of any relevance,it's just me rebooting my memory !
    Nice touch there.