• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Chiefs generating 500k at every home game

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought there were some interesting figures, especially around matchday income, in this article:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exeter-chiefs-ceo-tony-rowe-622996

Boyo

Thought there were some interesting figures, especially around matchday income, in this article:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exeter-chiefs-ceo-tony-rowe-622996
Impressive. With average crowds of 10,000 that’s an average spend of £50 per person. Cheapest tickets are £28 I believe and they have a captive audience in respect there’s little competition for food and drink outlets. Also the 1,000 people who they have dining at each match probably pay well over £100 for the privilege.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

This is the sort of model that I have been appealing for since I first presented my report on redevelopment to the Trust and Club Boards back in 2006. SJP could have been redeveloped incorporating such facilities with the cost being financed by suitable enabling development.

Yelverton have taken their cut and run. Had we had the nous to deal directly with a student developer and the ability to let and control our own contracts then this is money that could have been applied to a far better degree of redevelopment. ............but what have we got?...........the magnificent Barnet Bus Shelter!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does Tony Rowe hate us that much that he would rather help out our closest rivals?

Andy Holloway

This is the sort of model that I have been appealing for since I first presented my report on redevelopment to the Trust and Club Boards back in 2006. SJP could have been redeveloped incorporating such facilities with the cost being financed by suitable enabling development.

Yelverton have taken their cut and run. Had we had the nous to deal directly with a student developer and the ability to let and control our own contracts then this is money that could have been applied to a far better degree of redevelopment. ............but what have we got?...........the magnificent Barnet Bus Shelter!
Basically the then board told you to 'sod off' and you still are *is*ed off about it to the point that, at EVERY opportunity, you have a dig at whoever is running ECFC. Get over it Adrian and concentrate on building up your multi million pound property portfolio to the point where, you can purchase ECFC & SJP, build your 'dream' stadium and banqueting facilities, with the pitch moved to your 'favoured' position!

AlanDevlin

Does Tony Rowe hate us that much that he would rather help out our closest rivals?
Sorry- not seeing anything to do with 'hate' here.... I am seeing someone trying to do the same as Rowe did. Rowe, as the owner of a couple of local rags, used his position to get that into print.

The word 'infrastructure' crops up several times, and other than having St James Halt within walking distance, we are severely disadvantaged against Sandy Park in respect of infrastructure for event and conferencing.... with or without Yelverton and others.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basically the then board told you to 'sod off' and you still are *is*ed off about it to the point that, at EVERY opportunity, you have a dig at whoever is running ECFC. Get over it Adrian and concentrate on building up your multi million pound property portfolio to the point where, you can purchase ECFC & SJP, build your 'dream' stadium and banqueting facilities, with the pitch moved to your 'favoured' position!
Sorry Andy but I am in total agreement with RW. For whatever reason the Board and the development team, many of the latter who appear to have now vanished without trace, although lacking any hands on experience of negotiations within the construction industry thought they knew better. The outcome being that whilst we will end up with a redeveloped ground we have failed to take full advantage of this once in lifetime opportunity and to get full value from this development.

Pobbop

Tony Rowe pumped tons of money in, he's getting rewarded, as Holloway said, unless someone was willing to pump that type of money in to us, I fail to see how it's analgous or even why it's on Wows.

Anyone want us to chartge 28£ a ticket cheapest.

Are we going to allow people to drink while they watch, oh no we can't so it's like a totally different marketplace.

dontpassback

This is brenty boy cosying up to tony Rowe,to take away some of the flak he is getting over his home park cluster&&&k development.he is hoping that the less intelligent greens will lap up some of this propaganda and give him a break.there are too many awkward questions being asked by a lot of argyle fans and this is Brent's way of deflecting them.best of luck with that one James !

Heysham Mike

I am always amazed at just how much people will pay for hospitality at matches, no matter the sport. Me? I used to visit the chippy, and if it was a game at the Park, eat at home before I set off.

Last edited: