• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Chiefs generating 500k at every home game

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a thread in existence that RW doesn't do one of his ' if only they had done it my way' rambles? I somehow doubt it.
*sigh*

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rowe, as the owner of a couple of local rags, used his position to get that into print.
Not aware of Tony Rowe owning any 'local rags' and he certainly doesn't have any interest in the Plymouth Herald, in which this article was published.

ecfctis

Is there a thread in existence that RW doesn't do one of his ' if only they had done it my way' rambles? I somehow doubt it.
*sigh*
Unfortunately he is probably right, the ground and facilities are going to be very second rate when compared to many stadiums.
The potential was there but IMHO a big opportunity has been allowed to be missed for the next 50+ years by a lack of ambition and financing.
(We are spending many hundreds of thousands to have no increase in capacity or income generation..........!!!!!!!!)

Andy Holloway

Unfortunately he is probably right, the ground and facilities are going to be very second rate when compared to many stadiums.
The potential was there but IMHO a big opportunity has been allowed to be missed for the next 50+ years by a lack of ambition and financing.
(We are spending many hundreds of thousands to have no increase in capacity or income generation..........!!!!!!!!)
Do you know just how much Chiefs put into building Sandy Park? I don't but i expect it was considerably more than ECFC had then or have had access to since. The other point worth noting was, that SP was a build from open land, and not redeveloping an aging 80+ year old in town stadium, two totally different animals.

AlanDevlin

Not aware of Tony Rowe owning any 'local rags' and he certainly doesn't have any interest in the Plymouth Herald, in which this article was published.
listed on Companies House as a director of Exeter Daily Ltd- a press agency, (although I see there is a proposal to strike it off.... ) one of 47 listed directorships.

ecfctis

Do you know just how much Chiefs put into building Sandy Park? I don't but i expect it was considerably more than ECFC had then or have had access to since. The other point worth noting was, that SP was a build from open land, and not redeveloping an aging 80+ year old in town stadium, two totally different animals.
Hear what you say, but can you honestly say that what we are having built is real value for money! I am a retired Q.S. dealing with many varied projects over the years up to many millions and there is always a 'Value for money' aspect. Yes there is an element of 'dead money' when dealing with demolitions to make way for the new structures, but thereafter is no different from a 'new build'. If that is being used as an excuse then the answer should have been to move to a new site!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
listed on Companies House as a director of Exeter Daily Ltd- a press agency, (although I see there is a proposal to strike it off.... ) one of 47 listed directorships.
The Exeter Daily is a website, but its traffic would be a tiny fraction of the Echo / Devon Live's. Interested to learn more about the proposal to strike it off... can you gimme a link?!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately he is probably right
Is he though? Just because he says it at every opportunity doesn't necessarily make it so. What does absolutely amaze me is how instead of being successful, having a strong squad this season, having money to invest in players, in the academy and infrastructure, the club hasn't rolled over and died because they didn't take his advice.

Red Monster

The houses built by club directors behind the Doble stand ruined our chances of moving the pitch and creating
A great stadium.

ecfctis

Is he though? Just because he says it at every opportunity doesn't necessarily make it so. What does absolutely amaze me is how instead of being successful, having a strong squad this season, having money to invest in players, in the academy and infrastructure, the club hasn't rolled over and died because they didn't take his advice.
And for that we have to be very thankful, but that does not mean RW was wrong in his intent.
When building a new stand to sit virtually the same number of fans there will not be a better or more cost effective time to add the additional facilities to increase capacity
or to create additional income through whatever method is decided on.
ECFC being ECFC will probably mean that the new stands will not change for many years because it would appear that very little in the way of 'future proofing' has been
incorporated into the designs or to be self funding from the missing income generation.