Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tisdale's contract

Re: Tisdale's contract

[QUOTE=ramone;1677785]
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post

5 turn up at SJP and ask a few fans if they want Tis to resign a new contract , I know quite a few near where I stand every home game that would be really pi$$ed off if we let him sign for another club then come back to bite us in the a$$ !
    What a ridiculous scenario you've outlined there. You stand in the vicinity of a few fans who would be pi$$ed off if Tisdale left for another club because they would worry in the back of their minds that he'd come back with a team that would beat us at SJP? What a joke. If you're going to come up with a decent plausable answer, you'll need another go I think. Many a likeable manager has left us over the decades, and in so doing it could be said he ***** on us.

And since your turning this into a Tisdale debate, all I'll say is, I dont dislike the man, and I'm very pleased with his efforts thus far this season. We've had a few promotions and relegations, and we've just got through five years of dross (until last october). If he's being made to wait for Taggs stamp of approval on behalf of the trust over a new contract, I'm assuming it cant be the money that doesnt suit. More likely not to keen on a conventional contract.

[QUOTE=ECFC89;1677787]

Just fantastic.
    You need to develop a sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Agreed re. timing. It would have been much better if this (and other governance issues) had been sorted out during the previous close season, as some of us on the TB at the time urged.
    With your comment in mind John, do you think it would be a good idea to have Trust business such as the AGM and elections done during the close season. One factor could well be that we won't be rushing around looking for venues as it could be a given that we could use the facilities at the club. Also it may be a better time of year to blood new trustees.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug3101 View Post
    With your comment in mind John, do you think it would be a good idea to have Trust business such as the AGM and elections done during the close season. One factor could well be that we won't be rushing around looking for venues as it could be a given that we could use the facilities at the club. Also it may be a better time of year to blood new trustees.
    John will answer for himself of course, but one of the reasons why the AGM is always held in season on a matchday is to give a better opportunity for exiles to attend, without making a special trip at extra cost. The same applies to election hustings.
    Exiles are more likely to be coming to a match and can therefore 'do' the AGM as part of their trip.
    Last edited by Pete Martin (CTID); 14 October 2017 at 07:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    John will answer for himself of course, but one of the reasons why the AGM is always held in season on a matchday is to give a better opportunity for exiles to attend, without making a special trip at extra cost. The same applies to election hustings.
    Exiles are more likely to be coming to a match and can therefore 'do' the AGM as part of their trip.
    Agreed. More importantly, the AGM has to approve the Trust Accounts, which cannot be done much before October as our FY ends in May, and the same applies to the Club accounts and presentations by Club Chairman and FD as the Clubs FY ends in June.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

And since your turning this into a Tisdale debate, all I'll say is, I dont dislike the man, and I'm very pleased with his efforts thus far this season. We've had a few promotions and relegations, and we've just got through five years of dross (until last october). If he's being made to wait for Taggs stamp of approval on behalf of the trust over a new contract, I'm assuming it cant be the money that doesnt suit. More likely not to keen on a conventional contract.
    As has already been said this is a non event.

I'm not going to turn this into another Tis debate where you manage to pluck something from the air and run with it.
    I'll make sure next home game to have a word with Paul and Julian and let them know the great Pate is "very pleased with their efforts so far this season" I'm sure they'll be overjoyed to know that , would you like either of their phones numbers so you can ring them personally ? I have them on speed dial just in case.

5 years of dross ? behave yourself, for as many lows there were almost as many highs.

And not only where I stand but before and after games REAL fans (you know the sort that turn up every week) hope Sir Tis will sign another contract again.

Oh and just for clarity ........... the word is PLAUSIBLE !

#whensthestatueofTisgoingup

Like a bull to a red flag.

I've actually got a suspicion that the sudden turn in form is not for the club, but for his portfolio. I don't think he is going to sign a new contract. We all know he's stubborn, maybe he's thinking of leaving. If he is, I wouldn't blame him

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    I've actually got a suspicion that the sudden turn in form is not for the club, but for his portfolio. I don't think he is going to sign a new contract. We all know he's stubborn, maybe he's thinking of leaving. If he is, I wouldn't blame him
    Angus, regarding Tisdale "leaving": I'd be interested as to why you "wouldnt blame him". Also re: the suggestion that "we all know he's stubborn", what leads you to conclude that? In all the years he's been at the club, I cant recall any past history of Tisdale stubborness, except his insistance in constantly playing players in inappropriate positions.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    I wouldn't blame him either tbh Angus after the bile that is written about him by some ! How many pages in the Tisdale out thread nowadays ? (and no I don't bother to read it)

Lots of people perform better under a bit of pressure in their work whereas others cant handle it and crack up.