Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tisdale's contract

Re: Tisdale's contract

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    What was unfortunate about terminating the rolling contract was the timing of doing so. Whatever the wording of the AGM and the reasoning given by its author, it was bound to be linked to our poor home form and construed as censure. I'm also much happier with the idea of a fixed contract length and I'm not saying that there was ever "a golden moment" to make this change, but mixing results on the pitch with good governance concerns certainly muddies the water.
    Agreed re. timing. It would have been much better if this (and other governance issues) had been sorted out during the previous close season, as some of us on the TB at the time urged.

Er, a non story really. Nothing new to see here. He was clearly asked a question and answered it.....As things are peachy at the moment, why would he be in hurry ?. If we were now where we were this time last year, he may be more keen to sign. If we got promoted, so his value increases. That's what happened last time and the deal was done.

Any future deal should be performance related, so our league position at the time of signing is irrelevant. Let us not forget our results improved subsequent to the serving of notice.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Let us not forget our results improved subsequent to the serving of notice.
    Or to be more accurate - our home results improved.
    There was never a problem with our away results

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    Or to be more accurate - our home results improved.
    There was never a problem with our away results
    Very true. It was also important to serve notice as if we had continued to struggle it would have made it easier and cheaper to remove him as the contract ran down. With the injuries clearing up I can understand a hope or expectation of results improving but this was far from certain, and how dramatically they improved wasn't predicted by anyone as far as I remember.

It's great that things got better, but a year ago things on pitch and financially looked pretty bleak imo.

Tisdale will definitely sign a new contract but I just feel there is a whiff of bitterness from him regarding the fans reaction this time last year. Now that most fans want him to sign a new contract, albeit not a rolling one, he's enjoying the fact that he's pretty much back in control and won't be rushing in to signing.

He appears to be dealing with it very rationally. He may just get us promoted this season after a dramatic turnaround last season. He is bound to be courted by others if the form of the last 11 months continues, and well before the season ends. If we want him then we want him, and if others offer him what we are not prepared to offer (maybe not to the full extent of others due to his ties here etc) then we clearly don't want him enough. I have never bought into this theory that he will never manage elsewhere just because he has quoted along these lines to the media in the past. How many times has he said "no more additions to the squad" half way through the summer only to find more additions at the beginning of the season ?. Let's not forget there are other well paid roles in football aside from 1st team manager at the bigger clubs. I'm also not convinced he is miffed and bitter about ending the roller, although clearly nobody would like it. He must have expected it to happen sooner or later, nothing lasts forever

[QUOTE=AndrewP;1677734]

Er, a non story really. Nothing new to see here. He was clearly asked a question and answered it.....As things are peachy at the moment, why would he be in hurry ?.

"A non story really"? On the contrary, I think Tisdale has publicised the fact via the media that he hasnt agreed a new contract, and is probably waiting to see if any interested partys show any interest. As I see it Tagg obviously follows exeweb and picked up on my suggestion that theres no rush "we're holding the aces". Only a few weeks ago he suggested they were looking to finalise PT's contract. Now its on the back burner as it should be. If a club comes in with loads of money for Tisdale, he can go. He's only one of a succesful team as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    Tisdale will definitely sign a new contract but I just feel there is a whiff of bitterness from him regarding the fans reaction this time last year. Now that most fans want him to sign a new contract, albeit not a rolling one, he's enjoying the fact that he's pretty much back in control and won't be rushing in to signing.
    How did you conduct that survey that "most fans want him to sign a new contract"? I doubt if anybody could care less about the manager with the team doing well.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

[QUOTE=PeteUSA;1677778]

Er, a non story really. Nothing new to see here. He was clearly asked a question and answered it.....As things are peachy at the moment, why would he be in hurry ?.

"A non story really"? On the contrary, I think Tisdale has publicised the fact via the media that he hasnt agreed a new contract, and is probably waiting to see if any interested partys show any interest. As I see it Tagg obviously follows exeweb and picked up on my suggestion that theres no rush "we're holding the aces". Only a few weeks ago he suggested they were looking to finalise PT's contract. Now its on the back burner as it should be. If a club comes in with loads of money for Tisdale, he can go. He's only one of a succesful team as I see it.
    1 Do you now think Julian would take any notice of your input on a fans forum ?
    2 Sir Tis of the Dale was asked a question ... he answered it end of .
    3 We don't hold all the aces , far from it I would say.
    4 Probably the most important part of any team is the person leading them.
    5 turn up at SJP and ask a few fans if they want Tis to resign a new contract , I know quite a few near where I stand every home game that would be really pi$$ed off if we let him sign for another club then come back to bite us in the a$$ !

Conduct your own survey if you want but please don't speak for me when you count the numbers up.

[QUOTE=PeteUSA;1677778]

Just fantastic.