• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where Steve Flack leads, Tim Cahill follows.

LightUser

Australia striker paid to do "sponsored" goal celebration:
"Cahill, famed for his iconic boxing the corner flag celebration, ditched his usual post-goal amateur dramatics in favour of running around the field with his arms outstretched like a plane."

https://tinyurl.com/y8tllny8

A jolly good excuse to look up the Happy As Larry YouTube clip featuring Flacky's plane ahead of Deano dropping it in.

Legohead

Banned
Cahill is an ******** and shouldn't be allowed to take to the field again. Luckily he's at the end of his career so he won't be doing so for much longer anyway. Christ haven't these people got enough money. It's the usual case. The more you have the more you still want.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, because it was obvious to everyone that that’s what his celebration was about. I’d rather see that than some of the contrived routines that take up as much time on the training ground to perfect as the actual move that led to the goal in the first place.

Legohead

Banned
It's all over the media so whether it was obvious or not it worked and he was complicit in the plan. I agree about the pre-rehearsed routines though and worse still, players who score and then don't even react. Balotelli the perfect example. In the wrong profession.

Last edited:

Jazzi

It's all over the media so whether it was obvious or not it worked and he was complicit in the plan. I agree about the pre-rehearsed routines though and worse still, players who score and then don't even react. Balotelli the perfect example. In the wrong profession.
Our very own Reuben isn't over demonstrative, doesn't make him any less of an asset - I still love him!

Legohead

Banned
Our very own Reuben isn't over demonstrative, doesn't make him any less of an asset - I still love him!
:D

Fair point Jazzi! Me too!

I guess i'm just looking at it from my perspective. If i was a footballer and scored a goal that mattered (not a consolation at 5-0 down) then i'd be going mental but i suppose we're all different personalities.