Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: A curious thing.....

  1. #1
    Pete Martin (CTID)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    9,711

    A curious thing.....

    On 11th October 2016, Exeter City, Shrewsbury Town and Cardiff City all sat at 23rd place in their respective leagues.

    On 11th October 2017, they each sit top of their respective leagues.

    I wonder what the odds would be on that?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    North Midlands
    Posts
    775

    Re: A curious thing.....

    I wonder what the odds would have been on someone actually discovering that?

    Seriously, great find Pete and it's weird how football always seems to throw in some totally bizarre facts / coincidences.

  3. #3
    Pete Martin (CTID)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    9,711

    Re: A curious thing.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    I wonder what the odds would have been on someone actually discovering that?

    Seriously, great find Pete and it's weird how football always seems to throw in some totally bizarre facts / coincidences.
    I can't lay claim to discovering it I'm afraid as I nicked it from other social media. It is correct however!

  4. #4
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    30,140

    Re: A curious thing.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    I can't lay claim to discovering it I'm afraid as I nicked it from other social media. It is correct however!
    Unlike the BBC's "100 points in 40 games" claim!

  5. #5
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,387

    Re: A curious thing.....

    i expect it was only us that didn't change the manager though!

  6. #6
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    30,140

    Re: A curious thing.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    i expect it was only us that didn't change the manager though!
    Technically you're right.

    However, Shrewsbury "only" changed manager that month because their one buggered off to join Tranmere. Whether he saw the writing on the wall, though, I don't know.

    Warnock was appointed on 5 October 2016.

  7. #7
    Brinty IFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: A curious thing.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Technically you're right.

    However, Shrewsbury "only" changed manager that month because their one buggered off to join Tranmere. Whether he saw the writing on the wall, though, I don't know.

    Warnock was appointed on 5 October 2016.
    So technically he's wrong (Warnock appointed 5th October)? Here to be a pedant!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •