• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Great West Run 2017

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
So then, any exewebbers taking part this year?

Unfortunately I’ve had to give it a miss this year for the first time in 4 years due to an Achilles injury sidelining me for most of the year - I’m currently on my way back to fitness so hope to tackle it again next year.

It’s a shame that the course doesn’t start and finish in Sidwell Street as per previous years but I’m sure the support around the course will be as great as ever - I’m hoping to come and give my bit as a supporter this year seeing as I’m not participating. To all those taking part - best of luck! [G]

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
After completing the RideLondon-Surrey100 in the summer I was hoping to get a late entry place in the GWR which would have been my 5th, unfortunately I picked up a chest in fection that lasted for several weeks in September which forced me to abandon my hope for running again this year...I have managed to get in a 5 mile run tonight though hopefully next year!

Brinty IFA

Yep, I'll be plodding it as usual. How did you find Ride London, Red. I did it a couple of years ago and loved it. How about Exeter Half in Feb? Anyone doing that one? Pete Ferlie at City has quite a few runs going now.

Red Devon

Brinty...RideLondon100 was brilliant, riding on closed roads doing 40kph through places like Dorking and Leatherhead was quite an experience, so much support and enthusiasm from the public I’m in the ballot for 2018 too.

Last edited:

Brinty IFA

Is the ballot still open? Yeah, it was great when I did it. Really enjoyed GWR today. New course, I think the best GWR course I've done. Passed Ben Watson on the way around!

Red Devon

Is the ballot still open? Yeah, it was great when I did it. Really enjoyed GWR today. New course, I think the best GWR course I've done. Passed Ben Watson on the way around!
Yes the ballots still open, well done yesterday such a great event the Great West.