Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 401 to 410 of 410

Thread: FA Cup 1st round

  1. #401
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP_CITY_FAN View Post
    Security will be getting paid the same rate on the Sunday as they would have if they were on the Saturday.
    Having spoken with a couple of the security guys at the game today it seems they were paid more as it was a Sunday game than a Saturday !

  2. #402

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Having spoken with a couple of the security guys at the game today it seems they were paid more as it was a Sunday game than a Saturday !
    So it's ok to enquire as to the level of pay of a security guard but woe betide anyone who has the temerity to pose a similar question to our sainted manager?

  3. #403
    contrabombarde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    King's Lynn
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    So it's ok to enquire as to the level of pay of a security guard but woe betide anyone who has the temerity to pose a similar question to our sainted manager?
    Perhaps he had the sulks and put two fingers up because he couldn’t get double time for working on a Sunday.

  4. #404
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    So it's ok to enquire as to the level of pay of a security guard but woe betide anyone who has the temerity to pose a similar question to our sainted manager?
    I didn't ask how much just if they were paid more ........ Wouldn't be right to ask someone how much they get paid to do a job !

  5. #405
    grecIAN Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the drivers seat..........
    Posts
    18,255

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    The highlights suggest Truro didn't disgrace themselves. A well taken header by Tyler Harvey.

  6. #406

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    So it's ok to enquire as to the level of pay of a security guard but woe betide anyone who has the temerity to pose a similar question to our sainted manager?
    It's one thing to enquire, but quite another to demand an answer.

  7. #407

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    I didn't ask how much just if they were paid more ........ Wouldn't be right to ask someone how much they get paid to do a job !
    So if were to know what an average Division Two managers salary was then it would be ok to ask whether our esteemed manager earned more or less?
    Last edited by malcolms; 05 November 2017 at 19:37.

  8. #408
    ramone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !
    Posts
    2,800

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    So if were to know what an average Division Two managers salary was then it would be ok to ask whether our esteemed manager earned more or less?
    Is there an average for a managers job though ? one manager may be on 120k a year whereas another may be on 50k that's a fair bit of difference wouldn't you say ......

    Now if you knew for a fact that mr Ainsworth were on say 120k and could prove it and then put it to Sir Tis of the Dale if he were on more or less than mr Ainsworth then of course if you had the chance to ask Sir Tis of the Dale if he is on more or less than mr Ainsworth it would then be up to Sir Tis IF he wanted to divulge that to you personally.

    TBH when I was working at a company I wouldn't have told someone who knocked on my door how much I was earning just because they said they had proof that a fellow employee was on X amount more or less than I was earning for doing a similar job.

    Be honest would you tell a complete stranger how much you are earning at your given job ?

  9. #409

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Is there an average for a managers job though ? one manager may be on 120k a year whereas another may be on 50k that's a fair bit of difference wouldn't you say ......

    Now if you knew for a fact that mr Ainsworth were on say 120k and could prove it and then put it to Sir Tis of the Dale if he were on more or less than mr Ainsworth then of course if you had the chance to ask Sir Tis of the Dale if he is on more or less than mr Ainsworth it would then be up to Sir Tis IF he wanted to divulge that to you personally.

    TBH when I was working at a company I wouldn't have told someone who knocked on my door how much I was earning just because they said they had proof that a fellow employee was on X amount more or less than I was earning for doing a similar job.

    Be honest would you tell a complete stranger how much you are earning at your given job ?
    Wouldn't really need to....my salary and dividend payments are a matter of record at Companies House....

    The answer to paragraph one is around 85k...

    Personally, I don't give a **** whether he's on 30k or 300k just as long as that's reasonably comparable with other managers who have the same responsibility and not tied to come completely one sided contract.
    Last edited by malcolms; 05 November 2017 at 20:35.

  10. #410
    denzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Travel Tavern
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: FA Cup 1st round

    I must apologise for criticising the club over the pricing. To get 3000 which is more than the game against Luton last year, despite a lower away turnout and only having two sides, is a good effort.

    Well done to all.

    Another home game against someone like Crewe in Round Two please

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •