• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st round

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I see the EPL want FA Cup ties played midweek instead of at the weekend. ;(
As a lower league fan only doesn't it pi$$ you off having the Premier league call the shots with competitions like this ?

They don't usually put out full strength squads til the later rounds anyway.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Jazzi

4th Preliminary round this Saturday so guess 1st Round draw will be sometime during early W/C 22nd October. From what I can see it appears none of the Clubs that have previously caused us to be embarrassed are still in it unless sometime in the dim and distant past Bath City did. A home tie to Truro City would be a tasty one although they first have to win their away tie against Hampton and Richmond.
Earlier than that.
Monday 16th October from 7.00pm on BBC

Legohead

Banned
I'd like to catch up with a few old mates so if they can safely negotiate the last qualifying round i'd like Scarborough Athletic away.

Last edited:

Exe on Valdez

I see the EPL want FA Cup ties played midweek instead of at the weekend. ;(
My money is on Shaun Harvey agreeing with them.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
somebody rubbish at home please....Argyle it is then

Heysham Mike

4th Preliminary round this Saturday so guess 1st Round draw will be sometime during early W/C 22nd October. From what I can see it appears none of the Clubs that have previously caused us to be embarrassed are still in it unless sometime in the dim and distant past Bath City did.
Bath City defeated Exeter City 2-1 in the first round of the F.A. Cup in November 1957.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bath City defeated Exeter City 2-1 in the first round of the F.A. Cup in November 1957.
I had a feeling they had done Mike....50 years ago then. If memory serves me correctly Bath had reasonable record in the Cup during the 1950s.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
somebody rubbish at home please....Argyle it is then
NO! Anyone but Argyle! They might win with a fluky OG or a dodgy penalty, and we'd never hear the last of it.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We must be due an 'easy on paper' home tie to a lower ranked non league club like Chelmsford Town or Paulton Rovers.