• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st round

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be played on 4 November 2017 so I'd imagine the draw will be done fairly soon but a quick internet search came to nothing.

Anyway, we've not had Bury for a few years so its got to be them.

Personally I'd like a non league side at home.

Matt Russell

Saturday 4th November unless the great TV Gods decide otherwise!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saturday 4th November unless the great TV Gods decide otherwise!
4th Preliminary round this Saturday so guess 1st Round draw will be sometime during early W/C 22nd October. From what I can see it appears none of the Clubs that have previously caused us to be embarrassed are still in it unless sometime in the dim and distant past Bath City did. A home tie to Truro City would be a tasty one although they first have to win their away tie against Hampton and Richmond.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Final qualifying round is this saturday presumably draw for the next round will be Monday? Let's get the little bogiemen (greenies) at home - perhaps their fans can then help demolish what's left of the old grandstand when they lose

Terryhall

The 4th qualifying rounds are due to be played this weekend I believe. The current lowest-ranked team is Shildon AFC (9th tier of the pyramid).

Quite a few tempting names there that we could draw - Torquay would no doubt be a great draw for both clubs but I'd also like to see Hereford (if only for the Stanno song to get full voice), Bath City (for the Tisdale connections) or FC United of Manchester (although the inevitable "giant Exeter City vs minnow FCUM" from the BBC may be more than I could stomach)

On a personal level, I once played (and won) in a local Sunday league cup final which was held at Ossett Town FC so would be fun if we drew them away and I could then legitimately claim to have played on the same pitch as ECFC.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A home tie to Truro City would be a tasty one although they first have to win their away tie against Hampton and Richmond.
I shall be hoping for a home win in that one, setting up a home tie against us in Round One!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to see us smash one of those tinpot money bags non-league teams.

Putting 8 past Billericay and seeing Glenn Tamplin cry would be wonderful.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think we're due Walsall rather then Bury. Somewhere new and without TV cameras, and not on a Sunday please.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see the EPL want FA Cup ties played midweek instead of at the weekend. ;(

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we're due Walsall rather then Bury. Somewhere new and without TV cameras, and not on a Sunday please.
Walsall away. Bound to be?