Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 1st round

Re: FA Cup 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    It's not the fact that they show games on a Sunday - it is the fact that they chose to show these games on this Sunday.
    Like Sky care what the BBC are doing. The FA Cup has less appeal to broadcasters than ever before and 99.9% of people with access to Sky will be watching Super Sunday. I'm sure Sky can only move games within a week of the original fixture dates. Their power over the FA doesn't extend that far, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    Man City vs Arse and Chelsk vs Man Utd are pretty much guaranteed to be live on either Sky or BT whenever the fixture computer decides they happen. Sky cannot move those fixtures to a different weekend on a whim and they certainly wouldn't do it to avoid clashing with a BBC program showing 'live highlights'. And Sky cynical? Yes, absolutely.
    I do not believe for one second that these two ties coinciding with each other on FA Cup weekend is the result of a random decision by a fixture computer (Shaun Harvey recently admitted that fixtures are routinely moved around to suit specific criteria)

I'm not saying Sky moved these fixtures recently - I'm saying that at the start of the season when the fixture list was being compiled, they looked at FA Cup R1 weekend and deliberately targeted big fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    I do not believe for one second that these two ties coinciding with each other on FA Cup weekend is the result of a random decision by a fixture computer (Shaun Harvey recently admitted that fixtures are routinely moved around to suit specific criteria)

I'm not saying Sky moved these fixtures recently - I'm saying that at the start of the season when the fixture list was being compiled, they looked at FA Cup R1 weekend and deliberately targeted big fixtures.
    At the risk of a whoosh the fixtures are compiled by the Premier League and Sky would have been mad not to have picked them.

I see Mr Tisdale will not be at the game on Sunday due to a previous engagement.

Exeter and Heybridge Swifts are ball number 40 for Monday's draw. The draw will be shown on BBC 2 after 7pm and before the Chorley/Fleetwood tie.

Has Tisdale missed a game before? Seems rather strange, hope he's not on his way out !

I don't think there's anything sinister in this. We had a blank Sunday and he booked it off.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Looking at the fixtures I'm wondering where the Cup upsets might be. Shaw Lane would be a popular choice if only to see Evans's antics, Truro to get a draw would be great but unlikely too. Tomorrow Solihull v Wycombe could be a banana skin for Ainsworth as could Swindon away at Dartford.

My money's on Grimsby.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Echoing Billy here, this afternoon I will mostly be looking out for Les's Grimsby.

So, come on you Cods....give those Cornish slime a good wallop!!!

Football Focus showed our old player Peter Cawley, who I remember as a hard tackling central defender, being interviewed with his son, who is playing for Heybridge tomorrow. His son really fitted the cliche bill for the beeb because he is a black cab driver.