• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust elections 2017

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have received my ballot paper. Think I'll be voting Mark Cordell, Nick Hawker and Pete Martin. Not sure about a fourth vote.

Last edited:

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have received my ballot paper. Thin I'll be voting Mark Cordell, Nick Hawker and Pete Martin. Not sure about a fourth vote.
That's a useless post without giving your reasons why.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's a useless post without giving your reasons why.
Mark Cordell is someone I know and I believe he has something to offer more than just his enthusiasm! I've worked with Nick Hawker through the Grecian archive project and know therefore that he is capable. As to Pete Martin, then just solely as a renown Exewebber!

elginCity

Mark Cordell is someone I know and I believe he has something to offer more than just his enthusiasm! I've worked with Nick Hawker through the Grecian archive project and know therefore that he is capable. As to Pete Martin, then just solely as a renown Exewebber!
So you're voting for people you happen to know, directly or indirectly. Fair enough.

I don't know any of them personally so having to choose 4 from 5 City fans with only their brief manifestos to go on is brutal for the one left out !

Matt Russell

So you're voting for people you happen to know, directly or indirectly. Fair enough.

I don't know any of them personally so having to choose 4 from 5 City fans with only their brief manifestos to go on is brutal for the one left out !
Last year there was a hustings event where you could study them all up close.

elginCity

Last year there was a hustings event where you could study them all up close.
600 mile round trip, not sure I'd learn enough from hustings to make an informed call. Will have to get the pin out.

Matt Russell

600 mile round trip, not sure I'd learn enough from hustings to make an informed call. Will have to get the pin out.
The pin may well work best, but should have added that hustings were streamed last year, so not something just for locals.

elginCity

The pin may well work best, but should have added that hustings were streamed last year, so not something just for locals.
Ah OK, will look out for that, thanks.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to the letter circulated with the voting paper and manifestos, there are Hustings planned for Saturday week (21st October) before the Port Vale game 11.30 in St Sidwells community centre.

Questions to be submitted in writing to the Trust Secretary by 5pm on Tuesday 17th.

Maybe we should have a separate thread on this next week?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Will the hustings be filmed for those who are unable to make the scene ?