• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City in the Media

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think what he says near the end sums up his relationship with the club. 'But it's not just about me. I want to see a future for the next five years: investment, facilities.'
Pete thinks it's all about money, some others do as well. Of course he wants to look after his family but salary isn't all of it by any means. The man has a vision for the club and wants to see it through, wants to achieve what he believes the club can be. I think if he was aggrieved at all about last year's events it will be more about the possibility that he would not be given the time to reach those goals. Anyway, an excellent piece by the mail for once.

Red Bill

Exactly.

Reading between the lines, in this and other interviews, I get the impression the termination of the roller left Tis feeling mightily aggrieved, HE felt it unwarranted as he'd put together 'the best bunch of players in 5 years' yet many were injured. Despite telling us all 'in September and October' notice was served.

Ultimately, Tis will do what is right for himself and family, I just hope that decision involves ECFC but not holding my breath.
The key part of the sentence you've quoted though is "at present". Any new contract MUST bear that in mind.

Legohead

Banned
Stopped taking an interest as soon as i saw the words 'daily mail' so not read it. Good to get exposure though in national media.

Jazzi

Stopped taking an interest as soon as i saw the words 'daily mail' so not read it. Good to get exposure though in national media.
Why such a fixed position?
You neither have to agree or disagree with anybody (even the Daily Mail) regardless of your past perceptions of them. What's wrong with an open mind?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where have you been? Tagg and Tisdale have both said it in interviews and there has been BBC articles suggesting he's close to signing a new deal after the club gave him notice last November
You are, of course, correct.
That'll learn me to post before bedtime after a 12 hour nightshift.:$

Matt Russell

The key part of the sentence you've quoted though is "at present". Any new contract MUST bear that in mind.
Agreed and no problem with that depending on what is understood as at present.
No manager will think long-term or plan long-term without the security of long-term tenure to achieve their goals.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, it won't surprise anyone to know that I haven't clicked on that.

denzel

Generally, we don't get a lot off the media so feeding on scraps here. Take the 'Goal Rush'. I eagerly tuned in last night expecting extended highlights of our game, but no, they decided to feature the Arg*le game for some reason, followed by the enthralling 0-0 between Barnet and Coventry, which was also the Sky game. Not really sure what it will take to get decent coverage nationally, which makes me even more grateful for the coverage in the local papers and the excellent 360 highlights.

Legohead

Banned
Why such a fixed position?
You neither have to agree or disagree with anybody (even the Daily Mail) regardless of your past perceptions of them. What's wrong with an open mind?
It's a fair point Jazzi and the honest answer to that is i don't know. I have just grown to dislike the media in general, the negativity and predictability of them and hardly read anything either in print or online that comes from a press media source, especially nationally. Just the way i'm wired i guess with my disillusionment about them accumulating over time.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

HE WASN'T SACKED BY THE FANS! IF HE WAS SACKED HE WOULDN'T BE AT THE CLUB NOW. HIS 2- YEAR ROLLING CONTRACT WAS TERMINATED, BUT HE WASN'T. AND IT WASN' T "THE FANS", IT WAS THE OWNERS OF THE CLUB.
What kind if sh*te newspaper is that?!
So let's get this bit right. The Trust ordered the club to serve notice on Tisdales contract. That came about after a motion during Trust meetings to serve notice on said contract. The motion was voted on by members of The Trust who are there as representatives of the fans. They wouldn't have reacted in such a manner if there was a call from fans at large to do so. So, no he wasn't sacked by the fans but his two year rolling contract was terminated by a Trust (representatives of the fans) motion. Therefore the root cause comes back to a desire by the members of The Trust at large (the Fans) followed through by The Trust committee. And you say it wasn't done by the fans????