• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City in the Media

Dubai Grecian

Nice little write up on City in the Daily Mail, especially a look behind the scenes at last seasons turn around....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4959090/Paul-Tisdale-Exeter-up.html

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
" I'm here this season, running down the contract......". Well well, that is the first confirmation I have seen that notice was actually served.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
HE WASN'T SACKED BY THE FANS! IF HE WAS SACKED HE WOULDN'T BE AT THE CLUB NOW. HIS 2- YEAR ROLLING CONTRACT WAS TERMINATED, BUT HE WASN'T. AND IT WASN' T "THE FANS", IT WAS THE OWNERS OF THE CLUB.
What kind if sh*te newspaper is that?!

PeteUSA

One thing jumps out at me in that article. The part where the club are trying to come up with a deal thats acceptable to Tisdale. He's obviously looking for as much money as he can get, and you cant blame him for that. I suspect the problem is that he's highly likely to be the highest paid manager in League 2 at this moment in time, if Northants Grecians revelations from yesteryear still hold true. How on earth can a trust run club give him anymore? The sticking point has to be his salary, since there's no way he'll get a dreaded 2 year roler ever again.

Its obvious that Tisdale is the one who gets the accolades when we're playing as well as we are right now. The club shouldnt forget that Tisdale is surrounded by a pretty formidable support staff these days. They should be taken into consideration when Tisdales worth to the club is calculated. I dont think its fair if Tisdale is bargaining just for himself IMHO. The club is holding the aces on this issue, and they dont need to commit a salary to PT until nearer the end of this season. There is a firm belief that Tisdale wont go into management at another club, which I suspect is true. Based on that, no new contract needs to be agreed this early. If that doesnt appeal to him, then regretfully its the parting of the ways IMHO. Tisdale is enjoying a purple patch at the moment, but it has to be sustained. We're only 7 points better off than eighth place Newport. Its very early days in the strongest League 2 that I've seen.

Matt Russell

We all want to be paid and be paid well, but if you think that money is his motivation I suggest you're well wide of the mark. As to the support staff who surround him, who do you think has arranged for them to be there?

Pete Martin (CTID)

It's obviously a typical clickbait headline. The text of the article says nothing of the sort and (for the Mail) is pretty balanced.

ExeterCityLad

" I'm here this season, running down the contract......". Well well, that is the first confirmation I have seen that notice was actually served.
Where have you been? Tagg and Tisdale have both said it in interviews and there has been BBC articles suggesting he's close to signing a new deal after the club gave him notice last November

Red Bill

A surprisingly good article from the Daily Hate I thought. A small (and possibly deliberate) inaccuracy regarding the fans sacking the manager at the beginning, but that was explained accurately later on. Otherwise I thought it was reasonably balanced and insightful.

Given Tisdale took us to the PO final last season and the fantastic start to this one, I think we should be looking to keep hold of him at present, he''s earned it, we just need to make sure he''s not offered a contract as stupid as the last one and take note of his own advice and don't get too carried away too soon!

elginCity

I think we should be looking to keep hold of him at present, he''s earned it
Exactly.

Reading between the lines, in this and other interviews, I get the impression the termination of the roller left Tis feeling mightily aggrieved, HE felt it unwarranted as he'd put together 'the best bunch of players in 5 years' yet many were injured. Despite telling us all 'in September and October' notice was served.

Ultimately, Tis will do what is right for himself and family, I just hope that decision involves ECFC but not holding my breath.

IndoMike

A surprisingly good article from the Daily Hate I thought. A small (and possibly deliberate) inaccuracy regarding the fans sacking the manager at the beginning, but that was explained accurately later on. Otherwise I thought it was reasonably balanced and insightful.

Given Tisdale took us to the PO final last season and the fantastic start to this one, I think we should be looking to keep hold of him at present, he''s earned it, we just need to make sure he''s not offered a contract as stupid as the last one and take note of his own advice and don't get too carried away too soon!
The headline discredits the rest of the article. Obviously a paper that cannot be taken seriously.