Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 194

Thread: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

  1. #11
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    At the in-laws today so cannot watch or listen live. Surreptitious updates from the BBC website it is then! 3 points today would be a great result, but I'd take a draw (or should that be drawer?)

  2. #12
    Alistair20000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Trying to get into Stroudy's mind
    Posts
    20,429

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    A grey overcast start to the day here in Carlisle. Am expecting it to rain later.
    You are Dr Dave and I claim my 5.


    UTC

  3. #13
    StroudGrecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Feel my coco beats...
    Posts
    11,469

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devon View Post
    That’s a bit of a myth we’ve lost 4 of our last 5 league games up there.
    No we haven't, we've lost 3, and we played pretty well in last season's defeat (until added time anyway).

    They are struggling to find their rhythm of last season and we are capable of causing anyone problems in this league. If JMT is back I fancy us for this one. We could do with the points to keep up with Notts County, who on paper have an easy afternoon at home to FGR.



    Come on City.
    Last edited by StroudGrecian; 07 October 2017 at 11:35.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,661

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    If it really is a big pitch, I say play Edwards. Fast and furious!

  5. #15
    Snoop Fog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    If it really is a big pitch, I say play Edwards. Fast and furious!
    I agree. Is Holmes fit? If so id play a formation that allows us to play both Edwards and Holmes. I think it's the biggest pitch in L2.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,661

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    I agree. Is Holmes fit? If so id play a formation that allows us to play both Edwards and Holmes. I think it's the biggest pitch in L2.
    In that case I see fast counter-attacking. Even some hoofball in Edwards' direction might bear fruit.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,661

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    No we haven't, we've lost 3, and we played pretty well in last season's defeat (until added time anyway).

    They are struggling to find their rhythm of last season and we are capable of causing anyone problems in this league. If JMT is back I fancy us for this one. We could do with the points to keep up with Notts County, who on paper have an easy afternoon at home to FGR.



    Come on City.
    The good thing now is that you can't imagine us not scoring in a game.

  8. #18

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    I agree. Is Holmes fit? If so id play a formation that allows us to play both Edwards and Holmes. I think it's the biggest pitch in L2.

    Or, if it's been raining badly and the River Eden has burst it's banks again, then it's the 'biggest swimming pool' in L2!
    Last edited by Andy Holloway; 07 October 2017 at 12:12.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    7,661

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holloway View Post
    Or, if it's been raining badly, the 'biggest swimming pool' in L2!
    Then we pick the best swimmers

  10. #20
    John William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    5,168

    Re: Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Then we pick the best swimmers
    Luton have the best diver in L2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •