• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Form

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We all know that our form at the start of the season has been not a lot short of brilliant but how many of you, unless you've read the same report I just have (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41468444), realised we've racked up 100 points in our last forty games? That's better form than when we won the Fourth Division title.

andrew p long

We all know that our form at the start of the season has been not a lot short of brilliant but how many of you, unless you've read the same report I just have (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41468444), realised we've racked up 100 points in our last forty games? That's better form than when we won the Fourth Division title.
Really? We've got 25 from eleven this season. So that means we got 75 from our last 29 games last season - which would be 25 wins and 4 defeats. It was good, but surely not that good.

Do they mean 100 points from our last 46 games?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Except we haven't, we've scored 80. Still very impressive.

andrew p long

Except we haven't, we've scored 80. Still very impressive.
Phew! I too make it eighty.

Reluctant though I am to accuse the BBC of fake news, our last 29 league games last season were W16 D7 L6. That's 55 points.

Plus 25 points from 11 this season makes 80.

100 from 40 would be astonishing. 100 from 46 is very unusual. 100 from 40 is 2.5 per game equivalent to 115 in a 46 match season!

Someone,somewhere was getting rather excitable!

Last edited:

IndoMike

We'd be in Div 1 with that many points(facepalm)

PeteUSA

Without wishing to put a negative spin on things, we've played one or two crap teams so far this season, last saturday being a prime example. (tmi)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without wishing to put a negative spin on things, we've played one or two crap teams so far this season, last saturday being a prime example. (tmi)
True but how many times at home in recent years have we been beaten by the so called crap teams. Plenty.

It’s refreshing that we’re actually now beating some teams pretty comfortably at SJP.

As for the OP, I first heard this mentioned on Radio Devon during one of the commentaries and it was also mentioned by Tisdale last week where he said he’s heard that we’d gotten 100 points from 40 games. At the time I knew that surely wasn’t correct otherwise we’d have been promoted.

Still, 80 points is bleddy good and is promotion form!

grecIAN Harris

We'd be in Div 1 with that many points(facepalm)
If the season had started last November 17th, which is the starting point of this run according to the report. But, as Mr Long points out, the article is a little bit of kilter by half a point a game. 92 points across 46 games of that form would indeed see in League 1 next season so there is more realism than maybe you give it credit for.

IndoMike

Half a point a game is a lot of points. Never mind, it's another reminder to us all not to automatically believe what we read somewhere. BBC standards fallen greatly.

fred binneys head

So the message I'm getting from this thread is - in the last few months we've played really well.

Thank you, Sherlock.