• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How far do "our principles" go?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have boycotted it last season and this season, I will boycott up to and including Wembley if we should get there.
I disagree with the competition in its current format, so did the club and countless others.
The high attendance at last seasons final between Oxford and Coventry gave Harvey and his cronies license to spout about how well supported the competition was, when it wasn't. If gates remain low, and this seasons final is between, say, Rochdale and West Brom under 21s, then surely the sponsors and EFL will lose any remaining credibility.
When I missed the Yeovil game, I made sure I made up with it by spending more on 50/50 tickets and other stuff at the next game, I don't want the club to lose out.
And I watched the highlights, don't see why that is a problem.

denzel

Great idea Grecian Max about the European element. Could be a bit like the Anglo-Italian cup for those of you that remember it.

Perhaps more suited though would be to include lower league teams from the home nations to make up the numbers so you have the likes of Forfar, Cowdenbeath and Brechin from Scotland, Llanelli Town, Monmouth United and Haverdfordwest County from Wales and then Ards, Ballinamallard United and Larne from Northern Ireland.
I'm sure most of these sides are not even professional, is here even a side in Monmouth? Might be a rebellion if we play them...

Legohead

Banned
I'm sure most of these sides are not even professional, is here even a side in Monmouth? Might be a rebellion if we play them...
It's a fair point Denzel although i was only using them as examples fella. ;)

Terryhall

The NI and Welsh teams invited into the Scottish Challenge Cup are the top 2 sides in their respective top divisions I believe.

IndoMike

Nonsense. Easy to get to, easy to find where you need to go once inside, easy to get out when you’re done and good views of the pitch from anywhere inside. Second best ground in the country.
Agree. SJP is the best..:)