• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Which is more likely Exeter City or Barcelona in the EPL?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, you could easily imagine other big clubs too - most prominently Man City (from the one side, they'd have the money - from the other side, the new league would be foolish not to try to keep as many derbies as possible.)
The big issue would be who would be in and who left out. Assuming 20 clubs, how many from each of the UK, France, Spain, Italy -three? Maybe one each from Portugal, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, who else ?? What about promotion / relegation, or would it be a closed league like the top RFU clubs want to do to their Premiership? Lots of issues, but I fear the lust for money might overcome these.

Terryhall

The big issue would be who would be in and who left out. Assuming 20 clubs, how many from each of the UK, France, Spain, Italy -three? Maybe one each from Portugal, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, who else ?? What about promotion / relegation, or would it be a closed league like the top RFU clubs want to do to their Premiership? Lots of issues, but I fear the lust for money might overcome these.
The last sentence hits the nail on the head. Where there is money to be made (or even just a perception of money to be made), the issue will be forced through and deal with the fallout later (see - Division 1, Feb 1992)