Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City matchday thread

Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City matchday thread

Argyle 1st XI 2 - 2 Exeter Reserves.

RogHK has summed it up nicely, no injuries, game time for fringe players - the 10k for a win would have been nice but this is fine in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rog H K View Post
    Argyle put out a strong team and scraped a draw losing a key player through injury to Troy. City played a team of players with less than the average game time and several youth. We had the lead twice and they were chasing us. We came away injury free. We came away with game experience for fringe players. We came away having rested lots of key players. They were desperate for some sort of result tonight as they are seriously in trouble and need a big boost. Chatting to their fans in a Devonport pub they are not happy off the field, more unhappy than on, and on is bad, so that sums them up.
    FA cup soon. Proper Cup. Can't be having Tuesdays in this rust bucket trophy. Let them have their 30 seconds of glory. They've had their shot in the arm, their adrenalin rush will last a day or two, they are ill, they will be suffering again very soon. They shoot horses.
    I thought they'd scuttle a sinking ship down at Devonport.

Quote Originally Posted by thermopylai View Post
    Bollox. A humiliation. We could only draw AWAY FROM HOME against a side a mere one division above us.
    edited for factual

At least we can hopefully get out of this ridiculous terrible competition asap.

Has Lloyd James ever scored from a dead ball situation? Prefer him not to be taking our free kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    At least we can hopefully get out of this ridiculous terrible competition asap.
    Neither the manager or any players that have been interviewed share this opinion. It's a competition that ECFC are entered in and as such will always attempt to progress as far as possible. When there's a film on at my local cinema that I don't wish to see, I don't buy a ticket. The other thing I don't do is go on and on endlessly about how crap the film or its director is.

If we see this competition just as a chance to try out players in a relatively competitive environment I don't think it does any harm, win or lose.

Tis was quite enthusiastic about the competition afterwards and the luxury of it is that the results don't really matter. Players like Matt Jay and Kane Wilson definitely benefit from having starts, which they are unlikely to get anywhere else, and formations and partnerships can be tried out which might one day have to be used in a league game because of injury. I don't care about the results in the competition but I would have really liked to have seen the team in action yesterday, especially Kyle Edwards playing ninety minutes.

anyone who saw the game able to update us on how individual players did - especially ones we haven't seen much of?