Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Senior Reds

  1. #1
    iscalad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away across the field
    Posts
    9,333

    Senior Reds

    Hi, everyone.

    I have been asked to publicise the Senior Reds fan group on these fine pages.

    Information can be found here.

    https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/fans/...s/senior-reds/

    We have regular meetings and the next two are as follows...

    Tuesday 10th October - Eric Welsh - Many of us remember Eric as a tricky right winger who played for the Grecians from 1959 to 1965, before transferring to Carlisle United. He made 105 appearances for our club, scoring 19 goals, and went on to earn 4 caps for Northern Ireland. Eric is travelling up from Torbay to talk to us, so please join us for the evening to welcome him and to share both his and your memories. This session will be held in the Boardroom at 6pm for a 6.30pm start.

    Wednesday 18th October - Mike Mullarkey - This is our September meeting that's been put back a few weeks. It's not every week that we have a World Cup Final Linesman as our guest, and we're delighted that Mike has found time in his busy schedule to talk to us about his career, and his current role. As well as answering any questions, Mike has kindly agreed to bring along some of his memorabilia, including his World Cup Final medal. Now that's not something you get the chance to see every day. The event will take place in the Family Room, formerly known as the Grecian Centre, at 6pm for a 6.30pm start.

    These are very interesting meetings, listening to the memories of people involved in football. Tea/coffee and cake/biscuits are provided. A donation is asked for these.

    I'm personally looking forward to the Mike Mullarkey talk, as is my wife, whom I'm dragging along to this one.

    You can e-mail Phil Bater
    [email protected]

    for further information.

    UTC

    Dave

  2. #2
    iscalad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away across the field
    Posts
    9,333

    Re: Senior Reds

    Quick reminder.

    Just a reminder that the Senior Reds are holding a meeting this wek.

    Tuesday 10th October when our guest will be Eric Welsh. Eric was a tricky right winger who played for the Grecians from 1959 to 1965, before transferring to Carlisle United. He made 105 appearances for our club, scoring 19 goals, and went on to earn 4 caps for Northern Ireland. Eric is travelling up from Torbay to talk to us, so please join us for the evening to welcome him and to share both his and your memories. This session will be held in the Boardroom at 6pm for a 6.30pm start.

    All welcome.

  3. #3
    iscalad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away across the field
    Posts
    9,333

    Re: Senior Reds

    On Wednesday 18th October, we will be joined by Mike Mullarkey. It's not every week that we have a World Cup Final Linesman as our guest, and we're delighted that Mike has found time in his busy schedule to talk to us about his career, and his current role. As well as answering any questions, Mike has kindly agreed to bring along some of his memorabilia, including his World Cup Final medal. The event will take place in the Family Room, formerly known as the Grecian Centre, at 6pm for a 6.30pm start.

    All are welcome.
    Last edited by iscalad; 16 October 2017 at 09:41.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,430

    Re: Senior Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    Quick reminder.

    Just a reminder that the Senior Reds are holding a meeting this wek.

    Tuesday 10th October when our guest will be Eric Welsh. Eric was a tricky right winger who played for the Grecians from 1959 to 1965, before transferring to Carlisle United. He made 105 appearances for our club, scoring 19 goals, and went on to earn 4 caps for Northern Ireland. Eric is travelling up from Torbay to talk to us, so please join us for the evening to welcome him and to share both his and your memories. This session will be held in the Boardroom at 6pm for a 6.30pm start.

    All welcome.
    Gosh, a useful winger in his days. Can it really be more than 50 years since he left. Can you tell him that many who remember his play would have liked to have been there tonight.

  5. #5
    iscalad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away across the field
    Posts
    9,333

    Re: Senior Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    Gosh, a useful winger in his days. Can it really be more than 50 years since he left. Can you tell him that many who remember his play would have liked to have been there tonight.
    Ummm, Eric was last week. Mike Mullarkey on Wednesday of this week.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,430

    Re: Senior Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    Ummm, Eric was last week. Mike Mullarkey on Wednesday of this week.
    erm..oops..senior moment appropriate for a senior redfacepalm)....can it really also be 16 October already!
    Last edited by andrew p long; 16 October 2017 at 10:55.

  7. #7
    Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Beat The Bookie Winner 2015/16
    Posts
    549

    Re: Senior Reds

    Excuse my ignorance, but this Eric bloke. Any reason why he moved to Carlisle? Was Exeter and Carlisle at that time in the same league? Looking at nowadays it would be a bizarre transfer

  8. #8
    rightwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,730

    Re: Senior Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but this Eric bloke. Any reason why he moved to Carlisle? Was Exeter and Carlisle at that time in the same league? Looking at nowadays it would be a bizarre transfer
    Angus, I played with Eric at City, he kept me out of the first team. Carlisle were then in the old first division. Eric went on to become a Northern Ireland international whilst playing with them,

  9. #9
    Exe on Valdez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Aubrey St Quinton Gideon Farquhar
    Posts
    1,331

    Re: Senior Reds

    Has Stroudy just qualified to be a Senior Red?

    I think we should be told.

  10. #10

    Re: Senior Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but this Eric bloke. Any reason why he moved to Carlisle? Was Exeter and Carlisle at that time in the same league? Looking at nowadays it would be a bizarre transfer
    Carlisle were once in the old first Division and, if i remember rightly - without resorting to the internet - were even top for a week or two, then slip like the proverbial down and down and down, until they are where they are today.

    My late cousin's, wife's, father was a director of Carlisle for many years, owned a few electrical shops in the area.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •