• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Trophy: Plymouth Argyle v Exeter City Tuesday 3rd October.

contrabombarde

Should be a very interesting game especially now that our fortunes are very much reversed.

Will we put out a reserve team or will we go all out to rub their nose in it?

dontpassback

Nothing game,play the minimum amount of first team and avoid injuries at all costs!

Exehausted

Should be a very interesting game especially now that our fortunes are very much reversed.

Will we put out a reserve team or will we go all out to rub their nose in it?
Hopefully a reserve team, we can't risk any injuries against the dirtiest team in the whole of the Football League. The competition is meaningless and the result even more so. Now that they have changed the rules so that the 7 on the bench count as the 7 from the previous match (I think) it makes it a lot easier. I would start with just those seven and then the kids out on loan and take Mcalinden off in the first minute so that he can't get hurt. It will be a good experience for our kids in a hostile atmosphere and a game that even our second string should win.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Still 10k to win and we should be able to field a stronger side than v Yeovil even with making changes. Agree that we shouldn't risk anyone carrying a knock.

Expect to see Hamon, Wilson, Troy a h, sparkes, Jay, Edwards, mcalinden all getting some game time. Possibly boateng also unless the plan is to start him for definate at Carlisle. Not sure if Simpson, brunt and Harley are close enough to play a part but would be good if they could? These and a few who started today, maybe Croll and Moxey who haven't had a lot of minutes?

denzel

Nothing game,play the minimum amount of first team and avoid injuries at all costs!
Sadly the minimum amount is still 6 who started today. I wouldn't go to this if it was free and played in my back yard.
Agree on the injuries, didn't Croll pick up an injury against Yeovil?

TOP_CITY_FAN

Hopefully a reserve team, we can't risk any injuries against the dirtiest team in the whole of the Football League.
Didn't realise we were playing Wycombe?

Exehausted

Didn't realise we were playing Wycombe?
With five reds this season and even Argo fans saying that they were all justified, in my book that makes them the dirtiest team by a country mile.

Legohead

Banned
Incredible run of red cards for them. I think we should let them win this as it will give them at least one highlight in their relegation season.

Pointless game. Hope we lose and don't get any injuries.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope our reserves win ,pocket the prize money and don't get any injuries.

Colesman Ballz

Incredible run of red cards for them. I think we should let them win this as it will give them at least one highlight in their relegation season.

Pointless game. Hope we lose and don't get any injuries.
Nah, just give em a good hiding with our second string while they are down, wouldn't want them to get any confidence back ! And any money they might win would only end up in Harry Potter's private pension fund !