Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread

Re: Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Exehausted View Post
    Interesting that you say that the Ref was good. I thought he was absolutely woeful, the worst I have seen for ages. In my opinion he was lucky that we won so comfortably, because him and the official on the Doble side let so much go. I'm sure that Jake Taylor will wake up black and blue from the bottom of his neck right down to his toes, they kicked him repeatedly. Admittedly Pym should have been sent off, but they should have had two sent off before that, one for using his elbow and one for going over the top with his studs up, so I suppose he felt he had to even things up. He then only adds on 3 mins at the end, after 5 subs, which is supposed to be 30 secs each, so 30 seconds for the injury that Pym inflicted on their player and the injury to Taylor when he stopped the game? He's a lucky man that Tis instils such restraint in our players or there could have been a riot. If the assessor gave him more than three he must be as blind as the ref and the assistant on our side.
    I thought the ref against Crewe was very good,certainly better than the one today,who was picky and missed some of the major calls,Ruben should have had a penalty,and Pym was lucky to stay on after the lunge on the winger.i also thought the ref against Notts county was better than today,but it's just opinions I suppose !

Quote Originally Posted by KWSGrecian View Post
    The tickets weren't given to students, our society sold them. Sold a fair bit less for this game
    Well done KWS , keep bringing em along.

Very strong performance today all round with Stockley and Moxey grabbing the headlines...great save from Pym to keep us In front at 2-1 from the free kick just before we got our 3rd....good game for Luke Croll no problem with him keep the shirt for Carlise next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSGrecian View Post
    The tickets weren't given to students, our society sold them. Sold a fair bit less for this game
    You're a bloody star mate

I've always liked Jim Bentley, what a gracious interview (again).

Quote Originally Posted by fred binneys head View Post
    I've always liked Jim Bentley, what a gracious interview (again).
    Agreed. Always honest, even if his teams do tend to kick the **** out of us.

Bentley is a rare thing these days,says it like it is,without all the bull****,and like tisdale has done well at a club with limited budget,so fair play to him with that honest interview.

Good stuff from Jim Bentley.
    I loved this quote re playing Stockley & Reid ..
    "I didn't predict that they'd play together today. It seems like their fans don't expect them to play together - McAlinden's been playing well and, as I say, if I knew it was going to be them two I probably would have played someone in front of them or someone behind them just to make/just to cover up a little bit 'cos they were that good".

Proof that a critical Exeweb and a stubborn Tis can combine well to outfox an opposition manager.
    Exeweb get the assist